1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Note 10.1-No software updates

Hi guys. I'm brand new to the forums. I just opened my new note10.1 on Tuesday. I've heard that most people get the new updates right when the tablet turns on. I haven't gotten any updates yet, and performance is a bit laggy.

I bought it from newegg. I originally thought it was already updated, but with the laggy performance, Im thinking otherwise. I tried forcing the update many times by clearing Google systems framework, but it's not working

Anyone have the same deal? Any feedback is appreciated

Default Re: New Note 10.1-No software updates

You would need to post your exact version number from the settings screens for anyone to tell you whether you're up to date or not.

what IS the official latest software build? Mine ends in MK1
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Sorry to write something here, but this is my first time here.
    There are sooooo mannny stuuuuffffff!!!!
    Where do I ask a question, I don't see it anywhere...
    I would like to know how to upload an app to google play

Thanks

I hope I get an answer
    and I can find that answer

I went to MY THREADS
    I don't see anything

Quote Originally Posted by victorbarba7896 View Post
    Sorry to write something here, but this is my first time here.
    There are sooooo mannny stuuuuffffff!!!!
    Where do I ask a question, I don't see it anywhere...
    I would like to know how to upload an app to google play

Thanks

I hope I get an answer
    and I can find that answer

I went to MY THREADS
    I don't see anything
    at the top of any forum (like this one) there is a button to start a new post. You can do that to ask a question or start a discussion. Hope that helps.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Same.

To the OP: Have you checked for updates yourself under Settings, General, About Device?

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    MK1 is the lastest
    Thanked by:
    cwy

You may have to do more than one update. I bought my 10.1 2014 new at Newegg too. I updated once, the device restarted, and I thought that was that. Later, I went to the software update screen and saw another update. Updated it and the device restarted again. Maybe one update was dependent on the other's having been installed first.

Even if you enable "automatic update" in settings, it will NOT AUTOMATICALLY update your firmware. It will only automatically your APPS, silently even, while wifi is on. This is similar to iOS which won't automatically update the latest iOS version for you. It only notifies you of an update. You don't want the device install firmware and restart on its own, naturally. My point is you always need to update the firmware manually.

I have the same problem, my build number says MJA and the date on the box says 2013.11.20 which think is when the device was manufactured.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

If you have the lastest software then there is no updates for it and thats that really there not just gunna turn round and say oh you have a new tableb heres an update itll be ready when they release it but for now sounds like your upto date

Sent From My Xperia Z C6603

I had to do a factory reset to get mine to finally start updating the firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by vincey2kr1 View Post
    I had to do a factory reset to get mine to finally start updating the firmware.
    you might already had the updates as there were only 2 updates that i know of, reset wipes all updates out and set it back to original condition

Remember guys, updates are slow roll-outs... That means that an update may be out, but not everyone is getting it yet... it will come to you if available, sometimes it may seem like weeks, but that's the way it is.

In all the research I've done before getting my Note 2014, I thought I read that the first thing you need to do is download the updates and then do a factory reset. Is this right, or backwards or wrong?
    Thanks

If you're gonna do a factory reset anyway, why not do both. Factory-reset before update, update, factory reset. You end up losing stuff anyway :P