What are some good Apps to get?

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I know I have to do some searching but what do you recommend? I just got my tablet and I don't know where to begin yet. I only want a few games too and I always liked the racing game they played on the commercial as it seemed like it had great graphics more like a video game system then some crappy app, but I have no idea what it's called. Anyone?

Also what are some general top 10 Apps I should look into (to save some time researching on my own)? Thanks.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I know I have to do some searching but what do you recommend? I just got my tablet and I don't know where to begin yet. I only want a few games too and I always liked the racing game they played on the commercial as it seemed like it had great graphics more like a video game system then some crappy app, but I have no idea what it's called. Anyone?

Also what are some general top Apps I should look into to save some time? Thanks.

I like Keep, Beach Buggy Blitz, and a few others, but those depend on taste.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the one in the commercial is Asphalt (whichever is the latest version) or Need for Speed. I'd also recommend Modern Combat 4 and NOVA 3 for their stunning graphics, but so far I haven't been able to get either to work on the Note 10.1 (NOVA 3 fails on the Note 3, too...). It seems some units can play, some can't... maybe you're lucky. Sonic Dash has some pretty fun gameplay and graphics aren't so bad, either. The Room is definitely something that looks refined but you have to like puzzle games. I'm becoming addicted to the Quell series, and those look cool, too. Wild Blood uses the same engine as the infamous Infinity Blade, so the graphics look cool, too (if the gameplay grows stale after a bit).

Of course the usuals are Netflix, Pinterest, FlipBoard, the Food Network app if you're into recipes, Quickoffice...

mcnee

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Google keep is a must have. I realize it is kind of a stripped down version of Evernote in some ways, but I find myself using it much more for the quick lists, note5w and such where I use evernote for a more long term storage. If you use Hello on your phone, while it isn't tablet optimized, having it on here can make adding notes a bit easier

Of course Netflix and Hulu Plus are sort of givens.

Feedly for RSS,

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
hbo go, kindle, Chromecast (if you get the device, which is great), picsart, photoresizer, kingsoft office, a few of my must haves :)

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If you need to do remote desktop, the official Microsoft Remote Desktop app is a must. With the SPen, it is hands down the best RDP experience on Android.

Comic Rack is the best comic reader on Android. It renders significantly faster than anything else I've tried, and I've tried most of them to avoid the $8 cost. Once I got my $25 Google Play credit, I bit the bullet.

The Room is very addictive. You can get that in the Samsung App store with the mostly useless $50 credit.

Angry Birds Go is only kind of a racing game. It is really a level up through grinding game. The racing is just the mechanism for collecting coins. However, it looks and runs great on the Note. The splash screen looks like a printed page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87