Nova Launcher?

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Does Nova Launcher really make this tablet run smoothly? If so it is best to get the basic or prime for $4? Since I have $25 in google play credits the $4 for an app doesn't bother me at the moment. I just would only get it if it makes the tablet that much better running. I probably won't adjust the standard features all that much. So if it does work the basic might be better but since I have the credit I might spend the money before it goes away.

Any input on how much better things work and if its worth it from this stand point? THANKS.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think it's well worth the $4. I don't think there's a dramatic difference in performance, but the customizations alone are worth the price of admission. But the free one does most of what the paid version does. Try it out, and decide for yourself.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The paid version just has a few more features (although they're well worth it). Whatever increase in performance real or imagined can be had with the free version.

Nova has better folder creation, it's much easier to uninstall apps, and you can customize the number of rows and columns. The one feature I love from the paid version is the ability to add a secondary swipe up function to any icon. So for instance, I have a folder with all my games in it. I can tap on the Games folder and then select my game from there. But the one I play the most can be launched directly by swiping up on the folder icon. My Flipboard icon launches Pocket Reader if I swipe up. And so on. It essentially doubles the amount of icons on my homescreen.

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's something simple, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to make folders within the app drawer. I see where it lets you do it on the home screens, but I thought that with Nova Launcher you could make them in the app drawer as well ... ?