Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Medic1210
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 10.1 Restricted for work - Need Help

Hey everyone -

I recently started a job where I was provided with a Note 10.1. Problem is, the company completely locked it out so I can only use it for work related programs: No internet browsing access, no apps, no Facebook, Twitter, etc... A Manager at my job said it's very simple and easy to override this and unlock the tablet, but did not tell me how to do it. Can anyone help me out? Would I have to root it? I'm trying not to do that being it's a company tablet and if I leave the job I have to give it back, so does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I can unlock the tablet and use it freely?

Default Re: Note 10.1 Restricted for work - Need Help

Just an idea, have you tried using Knox?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckeeDroid View Post
    Just an idea, have you tried using Knox?

I haven't had an Android in years, so I'm not familiar with any programs to root or unlock or anything like that. What is Knox? The tablet just has restrictions set up that I'm trying to bypass. I'm not trying to root it.

Knox is a Samsung thing. It basically creates two profiles on your device. One for Work and one for play .
    It's an official app and doesn't require root.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckeeDroid View Post
    Knox is a Samsung thing. It basically creates two profiles on your device. One for Work and one for play .
    It's an official app and doesn't require root.

See the problem is I don't think I can access anything on the tablet itself. I can't get into an app store or access an internet browser. A co-worker told me he heard it's really easy to bypass the restrictions, he just doesn't know how.

from the home screen, can you get to the apps draw? (not the play store). Knox is a stock pre installed Samsung app, intended just for what you are wanting, to separate work from play.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I would be very careful trying to bypass any restrictions your company has placed on their issued tablets. Your IS/IT department likely has key logger software installed, or may randomly check user's tablets. Either way, it it really worth potentially risking your job? Just use your phone for unauthorized tasks...
    GeekCop and Katrina White1 like this.