Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dianehelen
  • 1 Post By dianehelen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which App question?

I know that there are numerous apps out there that do very similar things including what came on the tablet. I am not sure which app I need to use for my intended purpose.

I would like to create somewhat temporary links to websites, maybe even a picture of their home page attached to a link so that when I click the picture it brings me to that site. I would rather not create a bunch of temporary favorites which is what I have been doing on my PC and is a pain. Sort of a section with temporary favorites that I want to bookmark for future use.

Thanks.

Default Re: Which App question?

sounds like a perfect use for Action Memo, or Scrapbook
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    SpookDroid likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    sounds like a perfect use for Action Memo, or Scrapbook
    I tried scrapbook for the image but I don't see a way to attach the URL to the image so that when I go back to it and click on it, it will go to the site.

I don't see how I can save it to action memo either. Isn't that for the opposite where I write the name of the site manually and then go out and do a search, not a direct link?

the best way to do it in scrapbook, is to use the s-pen first to create a pen window. select pen window from the air command menu. draw a circle on the screen, then choose internet. In the small browser window that opens, type in the site you want, when it comes up, use air command and choose scrapbook, draw a circle around that small pen window, and it will save it to a scrap book category of your choice. once it's saved, you can pull it up in scrapbook and the link will be on the saved 'scrap'

here is a screen shot of a scrapbook entry for this forum thread

Which App question?-screenshot_2013-12-18-22-49-39.jpg
    Last edited by dianehelen; 12-18-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    Thanked by:
    Catfromtex likes this.

Yup, sounds like that's a good way to do it, and Scrapbook DOES save the link with the image Also, you could try apps like Pocket or Instapaper, but those, I believe, download the page for you to use offline, later.