wallpapers zoom in.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you saving small images to use for wallpaper? If they are small, the high res screen on the Note will stretch them out to fully fit on the screen. Try to find higher res images for your wallpaper

auzzman

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The dimensions were set for the screen. What I'm trying to say is when I save an image and set it to the home screen it zooms in completely. A couple images I've chose were 150% larger that the screen to fit and yet it still zooms in on only a portion of the photo.

Posted via Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
WOW! I see what you mean now. that is really odd. I need to look into this. I created a 2560x1600 solid color image, and put some circles in the corners and along the egdes.When I use that for wallpaper, it stretched (zooms in) the image and I do not have those corner and edge marks visible. I'll let ya know if I figure anything out.

auzzman

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Alright thanks! I've been looking at apps that resize the image, but it still doesn't seem to work! Let me know if you find anything! Thanks again.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
it somehow is creating an outer border on any image. look at this image I created. it us exactly 2560x 1600, the stated screen dimension of the Note. the marks are substantially inside the image outer edge, yet even used as wallpaper, the marks show as close to the outer edge of the screenres4.jpg

auzzman

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So, is their anyway to solve this? Or is that just the way the note creates the wallpaper. I've played with it a little more and I found out that if you save an image on google, the full size, then it fits almost perfectly with very little zoom

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ooookk THAT was a fun way to shirk work and use up 3 hours :)

What I have come up with, is the actual usuable screen size for wallpapers is about 1200x800, because it does some funky algorithim to make the wallpaper images scroll left to right and right to left, from home screen to home screen, and then re orient it between portrait and landscape mode

BUT, no where on this entire half a C note, NOTE, does it allow you to opt to NOT do that. So, IF you want your wallpaper pics to show the whole pic and NOT scroll, you have to get an app to add that funtionality. I have found this one to do just what I needed:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twistedapps.wallpaperwizardrii&hl=en

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not all launchers have the option to use the same cropping for the WallPaper (sorry, forgot to say that). That being said, I'm not sure if Apex has it... I THINK I saw it on GoLauncher or Next3D launcher, but I can't be sure...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
And that's only half of it if you're not rooted... Take the risk and root, and you're in for a whole new world of options (but also open the door for a whole new set of dangers and things that can go wrong).

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help man ill definitely get that app! And making a living from playing with apps? Sounds awesome! Haha.

HAHA I WISH I was making a living playing with apps! I run out of time for my real work, playing with apps all day :)

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
And that's only half of it if you're not rooted... Take the risk and root, and you're in for a whole new world of options (but also open the door for a whole new set of dangers and things that can go wrong).

YA I keep toying with rooting, Ive done it before, with various "toys", a Palm Pre, my Nexus S, a Linux eeepc, but for some reason, maybe feel like Im getting too old to deal with the stress if something goes Kablooey, who knows,. Jury is still out... but its always in the back of my mind :), so TRY to convince me, what is the BEST 5 things I can do if rooted, I cant do now ;) heh

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
With this one I'm THIS close to rooting only to get "Universal" MultiWindow. This thing, with that hack, is easily a laptop replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon