international travel

Barbara Dye

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought a galaxy note 10.1 international unlocked tablet to take on a trip around the world. Now I would like some advice re the sim card to get. The telcel $70 a month plan seems to have unlimited data and wifi and is good in all the countries we will be visiting (in Africa and se Asia) except for Tanzania. Would that be a good choice? Or should I wait and get a card in the airport. There are also various other international cards and I can't find much that explains the options. We are staying about 10 days in each country, 100 days in all. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought a galaxy note 10.1 international unlocked tablet to take on a trip around the world. Now I would like some advice re the sim card to get. The telcel $70 a month plan seems to have unlimited data and wifi and is good in all the countries we will be visiting (in Africa and se Asia) except for Tanzania. Would that be a good choice? Or should I wait and get a card in the airport. There are also various other international cards and I can't find much that explains the options. We are staying about 10 days in each country, 100 days in all. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Usually when I go on vacation, I purchase local sims from each of the countries I visit. Usually it comes out cheaper but it is more of a hassle as you have to constantly switch sim cards and purchase new ones.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Barbara Dye

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Usually when I go on vacation, I purchase local sims from each of the countries I visit. Usually it comes out cheaper but it is more of a hassle as you have to constantly switch sim cards and purchase new ones.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks! Anyone else with advice?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I have not checked it out carefully yet since a trip is not imminent, but the "headlines" at least indicate that T-mobile has new international data roaming plans that are quite reasonable in price and cover most countries. You might give them a call. I'm assuming you're USA based, and if so, it would be doubly convenient because then you keep them when you get home.

Nb: this isn't per se a Galaxy issue and this is a relatively new sub-forum. You might try some other sub-fora for more visibility rather than device-specific.

Last edited: