Problem with Samsung Note 10.1 2014

MVe00987

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got my note and started it for the first time...i heard the start up screen but it is black and the buttons on the device work and i can hear sound. I called samsung support and was told to charge the device for 4 to 6 hours the problem was still not rectified. Any ideas on what is wrong and how to solve it?

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I would just exchange it. Doesn't make sense to deal with issues on a new device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ditto on the exchange. If it's new and you already have issues, better exchange it (I believe in the first few days they can't repair it, they have to replace it with a new unit).
But for the sake of sanity and peace of mind (to see if your LCD panel is dead or not), turn off the device, then turn it on by holding the power button, the home button, and the volume up keys (press and hold together) until the device powers ON and displays the recovery console. If you can see this image, your hardware is not dead and it's a software issue (from the recovery menu you can factory reset the tablet and that might clear the issue). But if this doesn't turn the LCD on, then it's dead. It's a hardware issue and you need to get it replaced.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
If you read the reviews for thia device on amazon , alot of people have had this exact same problem. Something is wacky with this tablet!

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a sd card installed if so take it out and reboot tablet see if that helps there was a a report where some of the tablets and note 3 where trying to boot to the external mem first