1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Netflix Jittery

Anybody else having issues with Netflix app having jitters? This has been consistent since day 1 and I am on MK1 firmware. But with an 8 core processor this just doesn't make sense, especially since I didn't have the issue on my original 10.1 before I sold it on ebay and my wife isn't having any issues with her iPad!

Default Re: Netflix Jittery

No problem for me. Works as it should. I do have my Netflix set at HD too.
    Sorry not much help except it's something to know. Good luck!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.
    Gary Scherler aka "CRUZR"
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 - 2013 - 32 GB, Nexus 7 - 2012 - 16GB, Hisense Sero 7 Pro - 8GB + 32GB, iPhone 5, 4S, 4.

Netflix rocks for me and many times I'm casting it to a tv via Chromecast. I still have intermittent youtube buffering, but never with netflix. How is your internet speed?
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZR View Post
    No problem for me. Works as it should. I do have my Netflix set at HD too.
    Sorry not much help except it's something to know. Good luck!

Thanks for the info but I'm curious about the HD setting. I don't have that setting anywhere in the Netflix App. So are you using the Netflix App or are you watching Netflix from the web browser?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Netflix rocks for me and many times I'm casting it to a tv via Chromecast. I still have intermittent youtube buffering, but never with netflix. How is your internet speed?
    My speed is fine and like I said I have no problems on other, slower devices. In fact, I go through quite a few tablets and this has been the only one with this issue to date.

Mickey, you have to go to Netflix using a browser and mark your choice from low, medium, high and Auto. Unfortunately, (except for Auto) it affects all of your devices... so they are all the same. My iPhone 4 and 4S look ok at lower setting but my iPhone 5 I watched at the higher settings as I do with my Note 3. Since I have a friend on my account and she doesn't have wifi she always watches it at the low settings on her iPhone 4S to save usage. So we are alway switching back and forth for her setting and mine.

Not sure this will go through but hers a link:
    support.netflix.com/en/node/87

Just in case, here is what that page states:
    Manage Bandwidth Usage

If you are interested in setting a limit on how much data our service will use, you can adjust your video quality setting. Navigate to Your Account and click Playback Settings to manage the amount of data you use when playing movies and TV shows on Netflix.
    There are 4 data usage settings to choose from:
    Low (uses up to 0.3 GB per hour)
    Medium (uses up to 0.7 GB per hour)
    High (uses up to 1 GB per hour, up to 2.8 GB per hour if watching HD, or up to 4.7 GB per hour if watching 3D)
    Auto (adjusts itself automatically to deliver the highest possible quality, based on your current internet connection speed.

Hope that helps! Have fun.

Gary Scherler aka "CRUZR"
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 - 2013 - 32 GB, Nexus 7 - 2012 - 16GB, Hisense Sero 7 Pro - 8GB + 32GB, iPhone 5, 4S, 4.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Mine was set to Auto and HTML5. Should I change it to Medium? I really feel like I have a good and fast internet speed as I have U-Verse upper tier and get between 10-15 mb per second download speed whenever I check it.

also try uninstalling and reinstating the netflix app some peeps had issues with youtube and that resolved there issue might fix your netflix issue, also I know you said your older slow devices worked but try resting the router
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I'll try these things and report back when I can on my results. Thanks everyone!

No issues with mine, both in Netflix and YouTube. Just watched Skyfall last night, HD from the titles to the credits, not a single dropped frame.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I guess I just have a Netflix Lemon (lol) Pretty much everything else works pretty nice with my tablet although I do experience some app lag here and there like others have posted but Netflix is consistently jumpy!

Yeah, I'd try the clear cache/data from Netflix, uninstall the app, reboot, re-install. Might work.