I can't access the notification bar when the tablet is in a case

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Its the M Edge Universal steathPro keyboard folio case. I seems as if the tablet thinks there is a "book cover" case on it. I just can't scroll down the notification bar when it is in the case
the case itself does not physically hinder it, it just won't scroll down the notification screen when it is in the case

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it disables screen functions, once its connected to the keyboard? Does the touch screen work in other ways, when the keyboard is active?

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Everything else works on the touch screen when connected just not multi window or notifications!! Even without the keyboard connected, if it's in the case it doesn't work.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
That's really strange and I'm sure frustrating. That is an expensive case, I'd contact the manufacturer and see what they say

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems some cases have magnets that are interfering with the Wacom digitizer and are causing them to falsely recognize the S-Pen at the top (thus, 'locking' the notification bar because it senses the S-Pen up there, when it's not really there).

mkashif

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Is there a fix for this problem. I am also facing the same problem. Using Galaxy Note 10.1 and when the tablet is in the case the notification bar not worked?:-[

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried an alternative launcher to see if that will help?

One of the things I love about adw launcher is the fact that I can put my notification screen down from anywhere on the screen.

Wouldn't hurt to download it and give it a try just to see if the notification bar will still work with that case

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Mai Dvices

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
It is directly related to the cheap build of the xasing and positioning of magnets. Before purchasing any case with auto on/off feature, test how it affects yoru tablet. Dont dishout big bucks for something that just looks good but later drives you nuts because of of the incovenience brought about
The original samsung case is the properly built one and you wont find errors with it, but hey they put on a ridiculous price tag

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The Poetic case doesn't interfere with any of the tablet's functions. It has form AND function for $20 on Amazon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane