Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ffejjj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I can't access the notification bar when the tablet is in a case

Why can't I access the notification bar when the tablet is in the case? Can I turn this off somewhere?

Default Re: I can't access the notification bar when the tablet is in a case

What kind of case is it? The case should not block or have any effect or hindrance on the notification area
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Its the M Edge Universal steathPro keyboard folio case. I seems as if the tablet thinks there is a "book cover" case on it. I just can't scroll down the notification bar when it is in the case
    the case itself does not physically hinder it, it just won't scroll down the notification screen when it is in the case

Have you tried pulling it down with the S-pen?
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes I have and nothing has worked

Does it work fine when out of that case

Maybe ask the people you got the case from? A bit of a mystery
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yes it works perfectly as soon as it is removed from the case

I wonder if it disables screen functions, once its connected to the keyboard? Does the touch screen work in other ways, when the keyboard is active?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Everything else works on the touch screen when connected just not multi window or notifications!! Even without the keyboard connected, if it's in the case it doesn't work.

That's really strange and I'm sure frustrating. That is an expensive case, I'd contact the manufacturer and see what they say

It seems some cases have magnets that are interfering with the Wacom digitizer and are causing them to falsely recognize the S-Pen at the top (thus, 'locking' the notification bar because it senses the S-Pen up there, when it's not really there).

Quick fix... First thing you do is get a hammer

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    SpookDroid and Ktrek like this.

Is there a fix for this problem. I am also facing the same problem. Using Galaxy Note 10.1 and when the tablet is in the case the notification bar not worked?

Have you tried an alternative launcher to see if that will help?

One of the things I love about adw launcher is the fact that I can put my notification screen down from anywhere on the screen.

Wouldn't hurt to download it and give it a try just to see if the notification bar will still work with that case

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

It is directly related to the cheap build of the xasing and positioning of magnets. Before purchasing any case with auto on/off feature, test how it affects yoru tablet. Dont dishout big bucks for something that just looks good but later drives you nuts because of of the incovenience brought about
    The original samsung case is the properly built one and you wont find errors with it, but hey they put on a ridiculous price tag

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

The Poetic case doesn't interfere with any of the tablet's functions. It has form AND function for $20 on Amazon.