Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChuckeeDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default s planner t S planner - Issue / question regarding "task" entries

Hi all currently getting to know my notes 2014 for home and 8.0 for travel (first ever Samsung / android devices !)) S planner appears to be working fine with all "events" syncing perfectly between my devices and my google calander. My issue is no matter what I try I cannot get any "Tasks" to sync.... They will appear in to which ever device im using but will not appear onto the other.

I've researched this as best I can and have tried various settings but no joy ! I have been told that Samsung do not support "tasks" syncing but I can't believe this basic function would / could be missed, please any advice would be appreciate

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: s planner t S planner - Issue / question regarding "task" entries

That MIGHT be true... I've always used my Exchange Calendar tasks because I use that for work, so I don't really know if the Samsung ones really sync or not, but when looking at the Samsung account sync options, only Calendar appears, not tasks. You could try syncing tasks to Google or an Exchange server instead.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks spookdroid.... im new to all this so excuse me for my ignoance.... what is the calander you refer to and what / where can I try it ?

You could try another app like can & any. Do that may help ur problem

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
    London UK
    Happy Samsung TAB 2 user now I have moved from a tab to a Note 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Kaluza View Post
    Thanks spookdroid.... im new to all this so excuse me for my ignoance.... what is the calander you refer to and what / where can I try it ?

Oh, it's not an app (I use the stock Calendar app), just a different account. I have a Microsoft Exchange account for work, and since that's my primary calendar, that's where I sync my activities and tasks, but that syncs with my work's server, and not Samsung's account.

You can save tasks to either "my tasks" or another registered account.
    You'll see the option under the heading "task"
    I sync it through the Samasung account. It works.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    SpookDroid likes this.

So the Samsung account DOES sync tasks... hummm... good to know since it's not in the Account options

I am using Microsoft Office 365/Exchange account, I usually have 15 to 20 tasks.

It looks to me that Exchange tasks sync, however, any changes or adding a task seem to take a long time to update.

I have sync set to push.

I have tried to add and make changes both on computer and Note 3, sync updates should happen quickly, they do not.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by djncanada1 View Post
    I am using Microsoft Office 365/Exchange account, I usually have 15 to 20 tasks.

It looks to me that Exchange tasks sync, however, any changes or adding a task seem to take a long time to update.

I have sync set to push.

I have tried to add and make changes both on computer and Note 3, sync updates should happen quickly, they do not.

Any suggestions?
    I have called samsung, this issue is new to them, not sure if this will ever be fixed, getting 2 hr sync, seems one way, no sync with update made on Note 3, does not update to laptop