Belk in case for note 10.1 2014 edition

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So just went and picked up this case and so far it is very nice here's on e big thing I like the 4 corners that hold in the tablet are thick tpu not plastic like all the others . Also there is no magnet to hold it closed or do the on and off feature it has a elastic strap to hold it closed. The reason I did not want that feature was because I read a few post saying there screen was messing up after they put the case on with the magnetic on off feature so didn't want to chance it. It is 39.99 not to cheap but had every thing I was looking for in a case.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to be fair, the magnetic cases that make the screen go funky are just cheap, ill-designed ones. Respected brands like Belkin, Speck, or Poetic shouldn't be an issue. I have one with the magnetic function and so far, no issues (Poetic slimline).

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to be fair, the magnetic cases that make the screen go funky are just cheap, ill-designed ones. Respected brands like Belkin, Speck, or Poetic shouldn't be an issue. I have one with the magnetic function and so far, no issues (Poetic slimline).

I saw a Youtube video comparing the Samsung case vs the Poetic. From what I saw and heard, the Poetic is what I want to try next. I say "next" because I just got the Moko and am NOT at all happy with it. I'm hoping Amazon will give me credit for it as it's an inferior product imo. My one problem is I CAN'T GET THE SILLY MOKO CASE OFF THE TABLET! I could have sworn it slipped in from the side. Don't see any way to remove it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a VSTN case, very similar to the Poetic one, and I'm satisfied for the price. The magnets don't interfere at all and it doesn't add much bulk to the tablet.

PS: I would have gotten the Poetic one, but at the time they were out of stock of the red one, so... hehe

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Finally managed to get the case off. I'll be contacting Amazon for an exchange for the Poetic.
Also confirmed that the swiping from side to side to "print screen" doesn't work with the Moko case.
Monica

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Finally managed to get the case off. I'll be contacting Amazon for an exchange for the Poetic.
Also confirmed that the swiping from side to side to "print screen" doesn't work with the Moko case.
Monica
Hi, could you tell me if it's the MoKo Slim Folding Cover that you have ? If it is, what is it that you don't like if I may ask ? I'm considering it and it seems to get great reviews on Amazon...

Thanks for your time :)

FLGibsonJr

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I also bought the Belkin and really like it, in fact I liked it so much I bought the same version for my son's Note 8.0. As mentioned I also like how the corners are encased by protective plastic. The only change I would have liked is for the tablet to be positioned in the opposite direction (with the bottom of the tablet on the bottom edge of case).

Regards,

Posted via Android Central App

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Had the Moko Slim-Fit case for a day, before returning it as defective to Amazon. It was randomly screen locking the device (lock sound and all) while using it, occasionally it would completely lock up, and lastly, it would freeze the notification bar so it couldn't be pulled down. Pop the case off and it's fine.

Not sure what I'll be replacing it with yet.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, could you tell me if it's the MoKo Slim Folding Cover that you have ? If it is, what is it that you don't like if I may ask ? I'm considering it and it seems to get great reviews on Amazon...

Thanks for your time :)

Yes, that's the case I have. Not that I should have expected much (but I did) for what I paid for it, but it's cheaply made, the cutouts are a bit ragged. the glue, and the lines the inside pockets create on the screen. Don't care for the fact that the tablet has to be upside down in the lower (typing) position but it looks like they're all going to be that way. I can't use the hand swiping motion to do a screen capture. Will test this with the Poetic. And I don't like the overall feel of the case. Maybe I'm expecting too much. This is my first tablet and case. I'll post my thoughts on the Poetic.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think you'd be better off with a Poetic or VSTN one. The Belkin one seems OK, but I don't know, it seems to add more bulk than the other two. I've owned Speck cases before and really (REALLY) like them, but they haven't released one yet for this tablet :(

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Poetic Case...MUCHO BETTER! 110% BETTER! Can't believe the two (Moko) cases are the same price. The inside that touches the screen is perfectly smooth and softer. The quality of the case material is sooooo much better. The cutouts, soooo much nicer and aligned perfectly. No chemical smell, in fact, no smell at all. If I just had to find something I wasn't thrilled about it would be the black trim around 3 of the edges, but I'm not complaining. It kinda does give it a more professional look and offers more protection than the Moko. OK, so I take that back, there is 0 (zero) to complain about with this case :) I can't imagine how the Samsung case could be better and one of the reviews I saw said that the magnetic section of the front of the Samsung case tends to flop open. 5 stars!
ps...and if it matters to you like it does me, the packaging is a lot nicer as well. More times than not attention to detail in the packaging means a nicer product is inside :)