Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jazzbass12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Remote Keyboard app for Samsung Smart TV

Im looking for a keyboard app to control Samsung Smart tv when i use the TVs web browser. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbass12 View Post
    Im looking for a keyboard app to control Samsung Smart tv when i use the TVs web browser. Any ideas?

I don't have the answer, but, I think you would be better off just using the screen mirror option. That way you have a better choice of which browser you want to use. Besides solving the keyboard issue it would also make scrolling and link choice much easier.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Remote Keyboard app for Samsung Smart TV

There's an app for that! Samsung's Smart View. It acts as a remote control, mouse, and keyboard as long as your device and TV are on the same WiFi network. And on top of that, if your TV supports it (newer TVs should), even mirror THE TV in your phone or tablet
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    There's an app for that! Samsung's Smart View. It acts as a remote control, mouse, and keyboard as long as your device and TV are on the same WiFi network. And on top of that, if your TV supports it (newer TVs should), even mirror THE TV in your phone or tablet
    Spook,
    I download Smart View. I cant seem to see where the keyboard is in the app.
    I pulled up th web browser on the tv. I used the mouse function on the app. The mouse was painfully slow. I also couldnt get a keyboard to pop up.Any ideas?
    Thanka

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbass12 View Post
    Spook,
    I download Smart View. I cant seem to see where the keyboard is in the app.
    I pulled up th web browser on the tv. I used the mouse function on the app. The mouse was painfully slow. I also couldnt get a keyboard to pop up.Any ideas?
    Thanka

Update..now i see how the keyboard will pop up. The mouse is sooooo slowwwwww though.
    Not worth using. Just as slow with thr tv remote though. Maybe there is a setting.

Yeah, the mouse is slow because it is slow in the TV browser itself, that's why the other user's suggestion of actually using the browser in your tablet and mirroring to the TV made sense :P
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ya I thought so on the speed due to the TV. I will do the screen mirror as Midas suggests. Smart view does serve a good purpose though. I like the mirror feature.

Does your TV support mirroring to the Tablet? Great! I find it so useful for 'not holding it in' when there's something interesting going on hehehehe However, I did find the image is quite darker on the tablet than it is on the TV; does this happen to you as well? I wish there was a setting for that... It's not overly annoying, but in very dark scenes, the action is quite hard to see in the tablet.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Ya my TV is a Samsung Smart tv. Mirror works great. It is a tad darker though like your is. Great feature though. I just picked up the Smart TV. Good combo.
    Thanked by:
    SpookDroid likes this.

Does your TV support mirroring to the Tablet? Great! I find it so useful for 'not holding it in' when there's something interesting going on hehehehe However, I did find the image is quite darker on the tablet than it is on the TV; does this happen to you as well? I wish there was a setting for that... It's not overly annoying, but in very dark scenes, the action is quite hard to see in the tablet.
    What about using a galaxy tab like a Bluetooth keyboard in apps such as VUDU or Netflix to search for items on a Samsung smart tv?
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

I'm sure there should be an app that lets you emulate that... But you can use the Smart View app from Samsung and it also acts like a keyboard for the Smart TV (as long as it's Samsung). HOWEVER, I've found that some apps don't map input properly. For instance, Netflix, when you click on the 'search' field, won't spawn a keyboard but a custom, ugly, letter-by-letter search box, so you can't really use the app's keyboard there.
    Thanked by:

I'm sure there should be an app that lets you emulate that... But you can use the Smart View app from Samsung and it also acts like a keyboard for the Smart TV (as long as it's Samsung). HOWEVER, I've found that some apps don't map input properly. For instance, Netflix, when you click on the 'search' field, won't spawn a keyboard but a custom, ugly, letter-by-letter search box, so you can't really use the app's keyboard there.
    Thanks!
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2