Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dianehelen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Internet Desk top view

Is there a way to set the Internet to default to desktop view? For example I set my default to Yahoo but if I want the desktop view I have to change it each time. Thanks.

Default Re: Internet Desk top view

The only browser, that I know of that lets you set desktop view as the default (without rooting) is the Next browser. It's one of my pet peeves as well.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

I use , and it supports changing the user agent, though a few pesky websites will still deliver a mobile version, most websites show just as they do on the desktop. In my case, I've also enabled Flash.

Internet Desk top view-2.jpg Internet Desk top view-22.jpg
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.

ahh you are correct, Dolphin is the other one that does have a desktop fixed setting. But both Dolphin and Next have a problem with Facebook, getting a reaction when tapping on notifications.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

I don't use Facebook, so I don't suffer from it's awful pop-over widget and dialog box design, but I know what you mean, I've seen people messing with it. Certain flash-based pop-over adds on certain website can be annoying because hitting the "X" to close them is near or outright impossible to get at, but it's small price to pay if you want to escape the default browser. I do, though very little, from time to time, use the stock browser and view mobile versions to escape these stupid adds...
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.

I've just found FireFox to be the overall best, with the least (bit still some) crashes, and Flash capable, just have to put up with the constant checking the desktop view box.

btw ;-), are you Canadian? Love your name. Makes me wanna go back to Montreal. Great city and yum on the Poutine, but I'll wait for summer.

I guess that Pseudonym is a bit of a dead giveaway to anyone familiar with the stuff...

You've got it down to the town, and yeah, waiting for summer isn't too bad an idea... It's currently -7.6 F. (Yeah, that's a minus) with the windchill factor, it feels like -18.4F. For the metric crowd, that's -22 and -28C.

COLD!
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.

Brrrrr ya, I'll stay here on St Pete Beach, Fl, where it will be 75F by the weekend. But few greater pleasures in life, than sitting in a cafe in Old Montreal,(in the summer) listening to music and savoring a big plate of poutine. Makes me drool a bit just thinking about it. ;-)
    charles777 likes this.

Boat Browser can change the user agent permanently. I find the tablet version works really well on the 10.1 2014.