Internet Desk top view

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to set the Internet to default to desktop view? For example I set my default to Yahoo but if I want the desktop view I have to change it each time. Thanks.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The only browser, that I know of that lets you set desktop view as the default (without rooting) is the Next browser. It's one of my pet peeves as well.

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I use Dolphin, and it supports changing the user agent, though a few pesky websites will still deliver a mobile version, most websites show just as they do on the desktop. In my case, I've also enabled Flash.

2.jpg 22.jpg

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
ahh you are correct, Dolphin is the other one that does have a desktop fixed setting. But both Dolphin and Next have a problem with Facebook, getting a reaction when tapping on notifications.

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Facebook, so I don't suffer from it's awful pop-over widget and dialog box design, but I know what you mean, I've seen people messing with it. Certain flash-based pop-over adds on certain website can be annoying because hitting the "X" to close them is near or outright impossible to get at, but it's small price to pay if you want to escape the default browser. I do, though very little, from time to time, use the stock browser and view mobile versions to escape these stupid adds...

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I've just found FireFox to be the overall best, with the least (bit still some) crashes, and Flash capable, just have to put up with the constant checking the desktop view box.

btw ;-), are you Canadian? Love your name. Makes me wanna go back to Montreal. Great city and yum on the Poutine, but I'll wait for summer.

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
are you Canadian?

I guess that Pseudonym is a bit of a dead giveaway to anyone familiar with the stuff...

You've got it down to the town, and yeah, waiting for summer isn't too bad an idea... It's currently -7.6 F. (Yeah, that's a minus) with the windchill factor, it feels like -18.4F. For the metric crowd, that's -22? and -28C?.

COLD!

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Brrrrr ya, I'll stay here on St Pete Beach, Fl, where it will be 75F by the weekend. But few greater pleasures in life, than sitting in a cafe in Old Montreal,(in the summer) listening to music and savoring a big plate of poutine. Makes me drool a bit just thinking about it. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa