Poetic: Perfect Case for the GN 2014

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but thought it might not get seen by everyone that was looking for a case. I bought the Moko Slim case first but sent it back for mulitple quality issues. For the same price, Poetic offers such a much better case. Can't find anything to complain about. PLUS, you CAN do the "swipe to do a screen shot" with this case on. Couldn't with the Moko case...

Poetic Case...MUCHO BETTER! 110% BETTER! Can't believe the two cases (Moko) are the same price. The inside that touches the screen is perfectly smooth and softer. The quality of the case material is sooooo much better. The cutouts, soooo much nicer and aligned perfectly. No chemical smell, in fact, no smell at all. If I just had to find something I wasn't thrilled about it would be the black trim around 3 of the edges, but I'm not complaining. It kinda does give it a more professional look and offers more protection than the Moko. OK, so I take that back, there is 0 (zero) to complain about with this case I can't imagine how the Samsung case could be better and one of the reviews I saw said that the magnetic section of the front of the Samsung case tends to flop open. 5 stars!
ps...and if it matters to you like it does me, the packaging is a lot nicer as well. More times than not attention to detail in the packaging means a nicer product is inside

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I am just looking at stuff now. Was debating between the Moko, Poetic and Procase. The prices for the Belkin (at Best Buy) and the Samsung oEM are absurd.

It's hard to make good decisions when you can't try them all out. I do have a Poetic now on my old tablet.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the VSTN one and it's not bad. Doesn't interfere with S-Pen functions (or palm gestures, apparently) and doesn't have any chemical or overly 'leathery' smells. Fits the tablet just right, but don't expect much in the 'packaging' department; it comes in a sealed cellophane bag and that's about it.

alias4cat

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Speaking of cases...like everyone else, I've been hunting down a good case. What I really want is something like the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio for the Tab 3 10.1 Keyboard Cover for Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablets - Keyboard Folio S - Logitech, but that doesn't work for our 2014. I'm sure you already know that. There's been a lot of folks asking Logitech to create one for the GN 2014, but so far those plea's have gone unheard -- or at least nothing has been presented. I just checked the Logitech website again and it appears that they've produced a new android keyboard/case! 'Not much info provided. The new keyboard/case appears to be aimed at the new PRO tablets. "Logitech PRO For Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and Samsung Galaxy TabPRO" See at Pro Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Note|PRO & Samsung Galaxy Tab|PRO - Logitech I can't tell if this can be used for the 2014, or if it's set for the 12" PRO tablets, but either way I'm kinda pissed that Logitech has seen fit to exclude the GN 2013 and jump right into the new PRO. And yes, I'm bummed too; I really like their quality, and I wanted a metal protective shell/keyboard for my tablet.

So this post is all about sharing info on the new keyboard case and to gripe a bit.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Which case?
Ha. DIdn't make that clear, did I? :) The Poetic slim. I was leaning to Poetic anyway due past favorable experience, but your review helped. I like this one even better than the one I had for my Asus. It is much more elegantly designed.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I just grabbed a poetic case, as well, and have to agree that it rocks.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I ended up buying the rooCASE Origami and I am really pleased with it... it looks good, has a nice feel, no smell, perfect cutouts, can charge with the case closed, sleep/wake works perfectly, it can stand up the tablet in a few landscape modes and 1 portrait mode. Just my 2 cents :)

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I ended up buying the rooCASE Origami and I am really pleased with it... it looks good, has a nice feel, no smell, perfect cutouts, can charge with the case closed, sleep/wake works perfectly, it can stand up the tablet in a few landscape modes and 1 portrait mode. Just my 2 cents :)

Your BOLD section is the thing I really like there. My one complaint about Poetic cases is the inability to stand them up in portrait mode, which, um is how I read.

It's not too big a deal because it's easier to prop them up in portrait where I usually read. But I do like that one addition, and might've given a go. That said, the Poetic case is lovely, no other complaints, high quality. I can live with that. ;)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of cases...like everyone else, I've been hunting down a good case. What I really want is something like the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio for the Tab 3 10.1 Keyboard Cover for Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablets - Keyboard Folio S - Logitech, but that doesn't work for our 2014. I'm sure you already know that. There's been a lot of folks asking Logitech to create one for the GN 2014, but so far those plea's have gone unheard -- or at least nothing has been presented. I just checked the Logitech website again and it appears that they've produced a new android keyboard/case! 'Not much info provided. The new keyboard/case appears to be aimed at the new PRO tablets. "Logitech PRO For Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and Samsung Galaxy TabPRO" See at Pro Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Note|PRO & Samsung Galaxy Tab|PRO - Logitech I can't tell if this can be used for the 2014, or if it's set for the 12" PRO tablets, but either way I'm kinda pissed that Logitech has seen fit to exclude the GN 2013 and jump right into the new PRO. And yes, I'm bummed too; I really like their quality, and I wanted a metal protective shell/keyboard for my tablet.

So this post is all about sharing info on the new keyboard case and to gripe a bit.

I'd be more bummed at Samsung than with Logitech. The cases for the Pro Line were a deal struck with Logitech to release these keyboard cases alongside the new Pro Line. However, it seems they did leave us out of the deal so it's up to Logitech to release one (or not) sooner or later.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I know this may be asking too much, but could you post pictures of the positions that are possible with this case? I have a VSTN one that's just the same as the Poetic and so far I like it, but Portrait would be a nice addition and more stand options, too (the VSTN only has one 'typing' position and one stand position).

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I know this may be asking too much, but could you post pictures of the positions that are possible with this case? I have a VSTN one that's just the same as the Poetic and so far I like it, but Portrait would be a nice addition and more stand options, too (the VSTN only has one 'typing' position and one stand position).
Sure, not a problem... but it will have to wait for tomorrow or Sunday :)

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Here are some quick shots :) Scrapbook_1389400109824.jpg
Might be easier to share with Dropbox :)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hwfr1kegsj81oy2/YdRKMGJPt3

Sorry to mess up this post !! Some pics are doubled :(

Attachments

• Scrapbook_1389400109824.jpg
    Scrapbook_1389400109824.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 2014-01-10 18.44.20.jpg
    2014-01-10 18.44.20.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 2014-01-10 18.46.44.jpg
    2014-01-10 18.46.44.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 2014-01-10 18.47.58.jpg
    2014-01-10 18.47.58.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 29

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Your BOLD section is the thing I really like there. My one complaint about Poetic cases is the inability to stand them up in portrait mode, which, um is how I read.

It's not too big a deal because it's easier to prop them up in portrait where I usually read. But I do like that one addition, and might've given a go. That said, the Poetic case is lovely, no other complaints, high quality. I can live with that. ;)

I just today discovered that portrait mode isn't really supported by this case. I CAN prop it up in portrait mode but I don't think it's meant to work this way. Since I keep the rotate feature off and have it in landscape mode all the time, it's not big deal (to me).

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you feel the support for propping it up in both modes is adequate and stable?

Yes... the edges of the fold holding up the tablet have magnets so if you line them up properly, it supports the tablet very well... you can give it a few hard taps with your finger and it doesn't tip over, regardless if it's portrait or landscape... I've only had the tablet for a few days so I haven't used the case much to prop it up... I thoroughly enjoy using it on my lap :)

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!!!! Your tablet wallpaper is scary haha I imagine it scares off non-authorized users with a "Are you looking at me? Are you sure you wanna use me without permission, punk?!" :p