help please! flash player

robbielyn

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm from Sprin hill cold country lol. I not try it because flash says need plugin even though I have it enabled in settings. Bow thanks for all your help

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Grr how frustrating. You did find and run/install the apk ya?
and went to settings>display>enable plugin
and made sure request desktop site was checked?

I just went thru all the same steps on my Galaxy s4 phone that did not have Firefox, and it all worked perfectly.

Last edited:

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately desktop does not/will not stay checked. kinda sucks. I've just gotten used to checking it before I go to a page.

Next browser lets you have desktop view as the default. I use that at times too, but overall I've had better results with Firefox

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
YAY!

Never even thought of that as I don't use or really see a need for antivirus on an android device. But so glad you got it working. Does it work on on Firefox too?

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
well you are making progress. I've had some issues with the bay9 site at times too. have you tried it closer to the router?

alias4cat

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

My first post. I ended up here also because I couldn't get flash videos to run on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014). A simple Google search shows this is an issue with lots of thoughts and suggestions, but if you've come this far in the thread, you are still looking. FWIW, I followed dianehelen's list above to a "T" and then added in one more step and (for the moment, at least), I have full flash features in both Firefox and Chrome! I'll list my steps below -- and a big thanks to dianehelen for her help in getting me 90 percent of the way.

Background: Android no longer supports Flash, so when you go to a site that requires it, you're kinda screwed. But there's a workaround (caveat: it worked for me, and I hope it will work for you, but I'm only a newbie, so...)

Step one: you'll need an archived version of Adobe Flash. Do a search for "archived flash player" or go to this link: Archived Flash Player versions Scroll down the page until you find the "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives." I chose version 11.1.115.81. Don't forget to go to settings-->general-->security-->device administration, and check to allow "all installation of apps from unknown sources." Otherwise, the tablet will not allow you to download the apk. Next, download a copy and install it (I used MY Folder, following dianehelen's (dh) instructions).

I can't speak to setting up Chrome to work because I only "set up" Firefox, and thereafter Chrome just seemed to work. So for Firefox, I uninstalled my previous copy and then reinstalled a new one. I then downloaded the “flash video downloader” addon for Firefox. I also enabled plugins (under FF settings; the addon list is under “tools” in FF). Finally, also under FF settings, I chose the “request desktop site” option. And voila, I have flash videos running just fine.

I'm always grateful when I find something that will get me where I want to go (in this case flashville), and so I hope this will help someone else. I've had this tablet (my first) for 4 days now and there IS a learning curve. Next up -- trying to find a decent case/protector and keyboard. :)