Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Foramex
  • 1 Post By robbielyn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default to buy or not to buy?

    I have been searching for my dream tablet for years with no such luck. The Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition fits my dreams relatively close. I love the size, ram, the WiFi version processor isn't great, love the apps Samsung includes, the display, almost everything! But I paid for an expensive stylus a year and a half ago so I don't feel the need for the spen. But it would be nice for the new features and functionality that the spen now offers for notes and then I could use my other stylus for drawing. Now I hear Samsung is going to introduce "pro" tablets in february? I'm the type of person that uses sketchbook pro for a lot of drawing, while using my tablet for major gaming, and for school notes, research, etc. So should I buy the note 10.1 2014 or wait for the pro tablets? Also does anyone have an estimate on the price for the pro tablets? Specifically the note pro? Thanks in advance for any replies (:

    Kyle

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    Foramex's Avatar

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle535 View Post
    I have been searching for my dream tablet for years with no such luck. The Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition fits my dreams relatively close. I love the size, ram, the WiFi version processor isn't great, love the apps Samsung includes, the display, almost everything! But I paid for an expensive stylus a year and a half ago so I don't feel the need for the spen. But it would be nice for the new features and functionality that the spen now offers for notes and then I could use my other stylus for drawing. Now I hear Samsung is going to introduce "pro" tablets in february? I'm the type of person that uses sketchbook pro for a lot of drawing, while using my tablet for major gaming, and for school notes, research, etc. So should I buy the note 10.1 2014 or wait for the pro tablets? Also does anyone have an estimate on the price for the pro tablets? Specifically the note pro? Thanks in advance for any replies (:

    Kyle

    Posted via Android Central App
    Personally, I just love the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. My previous tablets were the Tab 2 and the iPad 2, and I think it rocks them. It's an excellent tablet, and the extra stylus features are really neat.
    Anyways, about the Note Pro. If I were you I would definitely wait for CES and see what the new line-up would be, since it would be plain stupid to buy a tablet 4 days before a new one is announced...
    For the Note Pro price estimate, you could look back into this after the Note Pro is announced, and my bet is 599$.
    But anyways, I would definitely recommend to wait until CES is over.
    Hope you enjoy whichever tablet you choose!
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
    Thanked by:
    Kyle535 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foramex View Post
    Personally, I just love the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. My previous tablets were the Tab 2 and the iPad 2, and I think it rocks them. It's an excellent tablet, and the extra stylus features are really neat.
    Anyways, about the Note Pro. If I were you I would definitely wait for CES and see what the new line-up would be, since it would be plain stupid to buy a tablet 4 days before a new one is announced...
    For the Note Pro price estimate, you could look back into this after the Note Pro is announced, and my bet is 599$.
    But anyways, I would definitely recommend to wait until CES is over.
    Hope you enjoy whichever tablet you choose!
    Thanks so much for your reply!! I'm glad your enjoying your tablet! I recently got the s4 so as you can imagine I want to stick with Samsung. I personally think that they are the top brand right now for everything except software, but they are getting better. And yeah that is probably a good idea to wait in until the CES to decide. I hope the note pro is close to what your expect because it would be a terrible thing for them to charge $799+. Do you know exactly when the CES is? Thanks again!!! (:

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Never mind I just googled it lol its January 7-10 in case anyone is wondering

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  
    Foramex's Avatar

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle535 View Post
    I hope the note pro is close to what your expect because it would be a terrible thing for them to charge $799+.
    Yeah I agree. I guess 599$ is optimistic, 699$ is more realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle535 View Post
    Do you know exactly when the CES is? Thanks again!!! (:

    Posted via Android Central App
    CES 2014 will be starting on January 7th and going on until January 10th. If you would like any more information about the event' you could head over to the official website at
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foramex View Post
    Yeah I agree. I guess 599$ is optimistic, 699$ is more realistic.


    CES 2014 will be starting on January 7th and going on until January 10th. If you would like any more information about the event' you could head over to the official website at
    Thanks I will check it out! (:

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Note Pro 12.2 is same as 10.1, just a bigger size of 10.1. Which one to choose depends what size of screens do u want to have? Carrying around 12.2" tab is not that ideal compare a smaller and lightweighter 10.1 tablet, 10.1 = 540g vs 12.2 = around 770 g. Of course it will be more pricy then 10.1.
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Thanks for all the great info guys.
    I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer.
    I had my Galaxy Tab stolen along with my Macbook Air and need to replace.
    This time I would like to get a fully spec'd Mac Mini and get the latest and greatest Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 or 12.1.
    Anyone know how to get Samsung tablet to be used as a monitor for Mac Mini? I want to work off Tablet while connected to Mac Mini for
    my video and audio work and then use the tablet later for web and other android stuff.
    I would prefer a wired connection since Mac Mini has all kinds of ports that are fast.
    Anyone know of a work around for this kind of setup?
    I need to have both because of the heavy work I do in video and audio on Mac and the the heavy
    research I do online with tablet. The pen would be a great help in both systems. I've seen on youtube that
    tablets touch screen can be used on Macbooks.
    Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dan
  9. #9  
    Foramex's Avatar

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Armas View Post
    Thanks for all the great info guys.
    I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer.
    I had my Galaxy Tab stolen along with my Macbook Air and need to replace.
    This time I would like to get a fully spec'd Mac Mini and get the latest and greatest Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 or 12.1.
    Anyone know how to get Samsung tablet to be used as a monitor for Mac Mini? I want to work off Tablet while connected to Mac Mini for
    my video and audio work and then use the tablet later for web and other android stuff.
    I would prefer a wired connection since Mac Mini has all kinds of ports that are fast.
    Anyone know of a work around for this kind of setup?
    I need to have both because of the heavy work I do in video and audio on Mac and the the heavy
    research I do online with tablet. The pen would be a great help in both systems. I've seen on youtube that
    tablets touch screen can be used on Macbooks.
    Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dan
    I don't know the answer, but since I see no one answered you I would recommend you create a new thread for your question, that way it might get answered.
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    I'm so glad I waited! I'm sold on the note pro 12.2! Now I wait to see the price...I'm planning on getting the wifi 64 GB model so hopefully it isn't too pricy

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle535 View Post
    I'm so glad I waited! I'm sold on the note pro 12.2! Now I wait to see the price...I'm planning on getting the wifi 64 GB model so hopefully it isn't too pricy

    Posted via Android Central App
    Good you are cool with the "waiting" bit.. Because I think you are in for some more "waiting".. First, the 12.2 Pro hasn't even released and official release date. Second, the higher memory versions always come out several months later.. With that said, I think you looking at a good 3 months, maybe a little longer if you hold out for the 64gb version..Just my two cents..
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    and it will be pricey like the surface 2 pro
    charles777 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by robbielyn View Post
    and it will be pricey like the surface 2 pro
    for sure... Sammie is getting bolder with their premium pricing

    Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
  14. #14  

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    You can buy it now and have some satisfaction, or wait forever and just be frustrated..... No matter how long you wait, technology will update in 12-18 months and you will never attain the tablet if you are waiting on the technology....

    Dale
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Yeah I figured it would be a while but not to be naive but I think it will last me awhile

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: to buy or not to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle535 View Post
    I'm so glad I waited! I'm sold on the note pro 12.2! Now I wait to see the price...I'm planning on getting the wifi 64 GB model so hopefully it isn't too pricy

    Posted via Android Central App
    I wouldnt bother to wait for any 64GB release, Samsung always announced 16/32/64GB and takes forever to release 64GB version. Except in South Korea/ASIA and around the world would wait very long time before (if lucky) to see any 64GB version.

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T Enhanced Push to Talk
    By samiam2714 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2014, 04:34 PM
  2. Best Way To Power Down Chromecast?
    By mtncmpr in forum Google Chromecast
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 07:37 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

B