Should I root my gn 2014?

aaka3207

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to install a custom Tom. I just wanna be able to make it faster and also get more multitasking functionality. How easy is it?

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Root alone will not make it faster. You need a kernel for that. As for multitasking, what is it that the Note 2014 can't handle?

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I would be too scared to root my device as I don't have enough know-how to deal with any of the problems that may occur during rooting , or following subsequent updates to the tablet. My tablet is arriving in 2 days and I think I have read through every thread on XDA and here about this tablet and I am dying to start playing around with it. :D
The only thing that really makes it sound tempting is the ability to add any application to the multi-window and pen window functions. I would love to be able to do that !
I wish there was a paid "rooting" Hangout service from a reputable dev where you pay something like $19.99 for 1 years worth of technical help and then they walk you through the whole process via webcam and help you out if you get stuck. In Canada, for the time being, it's hard to find anything but the 32GB WiFi Note and only in white. I ordered the Black 32GB LTE version from ebay and with the Square Trade warranty, the taxes and import fees, this tablet is costing me close to $950 CAD... The last thing I would want to do is brick it... Square Trade supposedly covers rooted devices as well, but I am not 100% sure. Is it even possible to root a P605 right now ?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I would be too scared to root my device as I don't have enough know-how to deal with any of the problems that may occur during rooting , or following subsequent updates to the tablet. My tablet is arriving in 2 days and I think I have read through every thread on XDA and here about this tablet and I am dying to start playing around with it. :D
The only thing that really makes it sound tempting is the ability to add any application to the multi-window and pen window functions. I would love to be able to do that !
I wish there was a paid "rooting" Hangout service from a reputable dev where you pay something like $19.99 for 1 years worth of technical help and then they walk you through the whole process via webcam and help you out if you get stuck. In Canada, for the time being, it's hard to find anything but the 32GB WiFi Note and only in white. I ordered the Black 32GB LTE version from ebay and with the Square Trade warranty, the taxes and import fees, this tablet is costing me close to $950 CAD... The last thing I would want to do is brick it... Square Trade supposedly covers rooted devices as well, but I am not 100% sure. Is it even possible to root a P605 right now ?

This made me kind of laugh. I do this for HTC Phones for free, why would you pay for technical support hehe. That's a lot for a Note 2014! It's only $550USD here in the U.S.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
This made me kind of laugh. I do this for HTC Phones for free, why would you pay for technical support hehe. That's a lot for a Note 2014! It's only $550USD here in the U.S.
Yes it is a lot !! :)
It was $709USD plus shipping and import fees of close to $75USD and the Square Trade warranty for $99USD for 2 years... convert that to CAD and there you have it.
(the same seller just jacked the base price from $709 to $999 after selling 3 units over a period of 2 days)
If I knew that I could rely on someone for help without having to pay for it, I would... but I am pretty new to these forums, and don't want to pester everyone for help all the time. Maybe if I read up on rooting and watched some videos I might begin to feel comfortable enough to try... but all these terms I am not really familiar with (kernels and Odin and recovery and PIT) flying around definitely makes paying someone a safer sounding option. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They should learn to lighten TouchWiz.

I have been saying it needs to go on a diet for a while. Not liking the idea that TW on the S4 takes almost 8 GB of internal memory.
But we are digressing. Hopefully the OP will report back with something?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

It's a good idea. Sooner or later someone might come up with that. As for the 605, I am not sure.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is a lot !! :)
It was $709USD plus shipping and import fees of close to $75USD and the Square Trade warranty for $99USD for 2 years... convert that to CAD and there you have it.
(the same seller just jacked the base price from $709 to $999 after selling 3 units over a period of 2 days)
If I knew that I could rely on someone for help without having to pay for it, I would... but I am pretty new to these forums, and don't want to pester everyone for help all the time. Maybe if I read up on rooting and watched some videos I might begin to feel comfortable enough to try... but all these terms I am not really familiar with (kernels and Odin and recovery and PIT) flying around definitely makes paying someone a safer sounding option. :)

That's why AC and XDA exist. I had to read a lot before I learned anything. That's just the way it is :p You don't need to start rooting yet, you haven't even got the tablet! Just research the basics first.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been saying it needs to go on a diet for a while. Not liking the idea that TW on the S4 takes almost 8 GB of internal memory.
But we are digressing. Hopefully the OP will report back with something?

It does??? :eek: I wouldn't know because I haven't used touchwiz since the Galaxy S2.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Just remember, root will trigger KNOX to 0x1 and it will VOID warranty. Samsung might refuse repair in case u need warrant service and its up to Samsung. There has been rumours about, depends on Samsung service center, some will reapir and others dont.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty