Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Shattered screen

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Just go to the first post on this thread and the picture shows on it

No, it doesn't work for me, just says "attached thumbnail", and if I long press on it, the actual paperclip .png downloads....... and yes, I am logged In?

Huh, the very first post, you don't see the picture of the shattered screen? I have no clue. what browser are you using, try a different one maybe
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Law View Post
    No, it doesn't work for me, just says "attached thumbnail", and if I long press on it, the actual paperclip .png downloads....... and yes, I am logged In?
    Shattered screen-uploadfromtaptalk1388975897735.jpg

?... I've just discovered that if I access the thread through Firefox, the pic shows fine, but not in the stock 2014 tablet browser!
    I've had a quick look at settings for this but don't see anything obvious.... any ideas?

desktop view mode
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

?... I've just discovered that if I access the thread through Firefox, the pic shows fine, but not in the stock 2014 tablet browser!
    I've had a quick look at settings for this but don't see anything obvious.... any ideas?
    I use the Tapatalk app pics show without a problem

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

Thanks again dianehelen, desktop mode fixed it. .....but the funny thing is, if I'm NOT in desktop mode, the pic at the top of the thread doesn't show, but the pic posted by charles777 does !?

What exactly is desktop mode?
    Btw, sorry to hijack the thread, hope you get this sorted soon, cause I know I'd be mighty upset if it happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by April920 View Post
    This had me so stressed. I sent it out. I'm having a hard time w/o my tab

a thought occurred to me, ......on this forum, a lot of us (myself included), are moaning about faults/problems/niggles/issues we are having with this tablet, striving to get workarounds etc, but I think it is a measure of the phenomenal achievement Samsung have accomplished in producing this device, just how upset, even devastated we become at the very thought of being deprived of it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, well done Samsung!
    Thanked by:

a thought occurred to me, ......on this forum, a lot of us (myself included), are moaning about faults/problems/niggles/issues we are having with this tablet, striving to get workarounds etc, but I think it is a measure of the phenomenal achievement Samsung have accomplished in producing this device, just how upset, even devastated we become at the very thought of being deprived of it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, well done Samsung!
    Ya, sorta true, but I think people like us, and yes I consider myself one of "people like us", have gone into freak out mode back to when our old dumb phones would malfunction and we had to wait a week for a replacement, so we could call someone, after pulling up our little retractable antenna, and say, guess where I'm calling from, MY CAR ;-).
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Update I had to pay $199 for samsung to replace the glass

Ah! Yes, it's covered, just add $199. In truth, didn't sound like a warranty issue, but hope springs eternal.

Thanks again dianehelen, desktop mode fixed it. .....but the funny thing is, if I'm NOT in desktop mode, the pic at the top of the thread doesn't show, but the pic posted by charles777 does !?

What exactly is desktop mode?
    Btw, sorry to hijack the thread, hope you get this sorted soon, cause I know I'd be mighty upset if it happened to me.
    Many sites have mobile versions of their websites that are designed to eliminate difficult components that would slow down browsing on small screens. The phones/tablet browsers often automatically default to "mobile site." You can change it to desktop---which means you are seeing everything they've got, in exactly the format a desktop computer would, for better or worse.

Now, can't really answer why you're not seeing the pic. I don't browse Android Central in a tablet browser---I use the AC app. (Just tested that, and the pic shows fine). But maybe they have defaulted to eliminating pics if accessed by a browser for their mobile site---or, maybe you have a browser set to turn OFF pics when browsing and don't know it.
    Thanked by:
    Dr Law 
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Oh talk about happy Shattered screen-uploadfromtaptalk1389906341215.jpg

Thanked by:

Oh talk about happy Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389906341215.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	101069

Congrats ! Did you throw a Welcome Home party ? Have fun with your baby

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    Congrats ! Did you throw a Welcome Home party ? Have fun with your baby

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Yes I did been on this tab since I got it back :sly:

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    monsieurms likes this.

I have a shattered screen also. Amazon wouldn't do anything as it has been more than 30 days (I don't blame them). I was unable to get the Samsung online repair ticket to work, so I went old school and called via land line. Bottom line is they will not quite me a repair price, but I did send it to them anyway. I paid $499 originally and have had it since 12/8 - just over a month before the screen shattered. Current price on Amazon is $569. I'm not buying another one. I'll pay up to $200 to get the screen replaced but that's it - even though I love this tablet. I'm still dumbfounded that the screen shattered on a "soft" drop, when it was in its case. Also since otterbox doesn't make a case for the 2014 edition, the protective case options are very limited. Overall, I'm bummed! Otherwise, I love Samsung. I have a Note 3 phone (in otterbox case!) and it rocks.

Posted via Android Central App

So will Samsung repair the screen for the 200 like they did did April?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Quote Originally Posted by mrspatmore View Post
    I have a shattered screen also. Amazon wouldn't do anything as it has been more than 30 days (I don't blame them). I was unable to get the Samsung online repair ticket to work, so I went old school and called via land line. Bottom line is they will not quite me a repair price, but I did send it to them anyway. I paid $499 originally and have had it since 12/8 - just over a month before the screen shattered. Current price on Amazon is $569. I'm not buying another one. I'll pay up to $200 to get the screen replaced but that's it - even though I love this tablet. I'm still dumbfounded that the screen shattered on a "soft" drop, when it was in its case. Also since otterbox doesn't make a case for the 2014 edition, the protective case options are very limited. Overall, I'm bummed! Otherwise, I love Samsung. I have a Note 3 phone (in otterbox case!) and it rocks.

Wow. That's weird Samsung had my tab for 5 days. My screen was badly shattered. There was a one day delay due to ups

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

I installed the Samsung care app. There was a message to contact customer care. When i called they stated because of physical damage i have to pay $199 which they had already fixed the screen i had to pay it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sorry dianehelen, there was a typo in my post. I meant to say, "Samsung will not quote me a price for the repair." There was a glitch in the Samsung website, so I had to call in my information. The customer service rep sent me a shipping label and said that a repair technician will contact me after they inspect it to tell me what it's going to cost to fix it. He could not or would not tell me what it will cost to replace the screen. He did say there are certain minimum charges of around $99 . . .

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to download the customer care app on my Note 3

Sorry dianehelen, there was a typo in my post. I meant to say, "Samsung will not quote me a price for the repair." There was a glitch in the Samsung website, so I had to call in my information. The customer service rep sent me a shipping label and said that a repair technician will contact me after they inspect it to tell me what it's going to cost to fix it. He could not or would not tell me what it will cost to replace the screen. He did say there are certain minimum charges of around $99 . . .

Ahh ok, that makes sense then. Im sure it will be around the same, as its seems to be the same damage. Just kinda troubling that this very $$$ device, can shatter, so relatively easily.. I really have to be extra careful with it now, after seeing these 2 happen just within our small group. Im sorta sorry my time passed to get the sq trade warranty. Hope you get it fixed fast, and back in your hands

What really bums me out the most it's that I won't be using this tablet for the intended purpose (at school). My plan was to use it in class in lieu of my netbook. But knowing how delicate it is, I won't be throwing it in my rolling backpack with the 1000 lbs of books and gear they require for nursing school! I'm tempted to buy a Samsung ultrabook for school, but they are very pricey and the only way I'd get one is if I also bought the Four Square warranty, adding a few hundred more $$$ to an already expensive laptop. For the moment, I'll continue to use either my kinda slow Acer netbook or my kinda heavy 15" Dell. (We're required to bring a computer to all classes)

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

What really bums me out the most it's that I won't be using this tablet for the intended purpose (at school). My plan was to use it in class in lieu of my netbook. But knowing how delicate it is, I won't be throwing it in my rolling backpack with the 1000 lbs of books and gear they require for nursing school! I'm tempted to buy a Samsung ultrabook for school, but they are very pricey and the only way I'd get one is if I also bought the Four Square warranty, adding a few hundred more $$$ to an already expensive laptop. For the moment, I'll continue to use either my kinda slow Acer netbook or my kinda heavy 15" Dell. (We're required to bring a computer to all classes)

Check out Chromebook, I have one and absolutely love it. It's inexpensive

Check out Chromebook, I have one and absolutely love it. It's inexpensive

That's funny - I was just researching chrome books!!!!! Which one did you buy, april920? If I get a Samsung chromebook, I'm wondering if the Samsung link/hub will work, I.e., will the Samsung chromebook share with my Note 3 phone and 10.1 tablet, and linked computers?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

I have the chromebook 11

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast