1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note or Galaxy Tab charging

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. I have a Samsung USB adapter for it, which lets me plug in a USB Mouse, keyboard, or thumbdrive. It would be convenient to be able to power (or charge) the tablet while using a USB device. Is this possible?

If I look at the pinout of the 30-pin connector(same connector as the Galaxy Tab, I believe), it looks like there are seperate pins for charging the tablet (in addition to the pin supplying USB accessory power). So it seems like it would be possible. I have looked for a cable which would do this, and have so far found nothing.

If anyone knows of a product available which will let you charge the tablet while using a USB accessory, I would appreciate the info.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Galaxy Note or Galaxy Tab charging

Quote Originally Posted by rittenhk View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. I have a Samsung USB adapter for it, which lets me plug in a USB Mouse, keyboard, or thumbdrive. It would be convenient to be able to power (or charge) the tablet while using a USB device. Is this possible?

If I look at the pinout of the 30-pin connector(same connector as the Galaxy Tab, I believe), it looks like there are separate pins for charging the tablet (in addition to the pin supplying USB accessory power). So it seems like it would be possible. I have looked for a cable which would do this, and have so far found nothing.

If anyone knows of a product available which will let you charge the tablet while using a USB accessory, I would appreciate the info.
    Welcome to the forums!
    So the accessories connect to the tab through USB, or 30-Pin connection?

If so, you can possibly look for bluetooth solutions and still have access to the device's charging port. Probably not the best solutions, but something that may work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    So the accessories connect to the tab through USB, or 30-Pin connection?

If so, you can possibly look for bluetooth solutions and still have access to the device's charging port. Probably not the best solutions, but something that may work.
    Thanks for the suggestion. In my particular case, BT is not an option. To simplify my request, I would like to plug in a thumb-drive but also charge the tablet at the same time. On the Galaxy Note 10.1, it's only interface is the 30-pin connector. So, A USB adapter cable that also has a charging socket is really what I need, if they make such a thing.

In the PC world there is "powered" and "unpowered" USB hubs.... Possible some research into USB hubs and some adapter cables, you can create a system to do what you want to do with out butchering you cables...

Example of unpowered hub...

Dale