Virtual Keyboard with Bluetooth Keyboard

brymanda

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My tablet still defaults to the virtual keyboard in many applications even when a bluetooth keyboard is already recognized and in use. Usually it's just annoying, but when I use Chrome or OfficeSuite as a Multi-Window app, it's pretty unusable because the keyboard takes up so much screen real estate. Does anyone have a long term solution? I've been hitting the back key for now, but pretty much any time I click on the OfficeSuite screen it throws the keyboard back up. I'm just using the Pro trial right now. Thanks!!

Alternatively, does anyone know how to get Kingsoft on Multi-window without rooting?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My tablet still defaults to the virtual keyboard in many applications even when a bluetooth keyboard is already recognized and in use. Usually it's just annoying, but when I use Chrome or OfficeSuite as a Multi-Window app, it's pretty unusable because the keyboard takes up so much screen real estate. Does anyone have a long term solution? I've been hitting the back key for now, but pretty much any time I click on the OfficeSuite screen it throws the keyboard back up. I'm just using the Pro trial right now. Thanks!!

Alternatively, does anyone know how to get Kingsoft on Multi-window without rooting?
So you never want to open the virtual keyboard? Or only when necessary? Longpress a text field and select keyboard input. You'll be able to select, or deselect, the keyboards. I'm not sure that you can fully remove the virtual keyboard but it's worth a shot.

Otherwise, you'll have to remove the keyboard when it pops-up, which is a big inconvenience as you already know, and I agree. I'll keep an eye out for a better solution.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
There is a setting to disable the on screen keyboard when the Samsung keyboard is selected. When using the Samsung keyboard and a Blueteeth keyboard, you will probably get repeat keystrokes. Null Import Method disabled the on screen keyboard and stops the repeat problem. On the 2014, the repeat key problem has been fixed with Kitty Kat.

Sent via my Note 8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo