1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Virtual Keyboard with Bluetooth Keyboard

My tablet still defaults to the virtual keyboard in many applications even when a bluetooth keyboard is already recognized and in use. Usually it's just annoying, but when I use Chrome or OfficeSuite as a Multi-Window app, it's pretty unusable because the keyboard takes up so much screen real estate. Does anyone have a long term solution? I've been hitting the back key for now, but pretty much any time I click on the OfficeSuite screen it throws the keyboard back up. I'm just using the Pro trial right now. Thanks!!

Alternatively, does anyone know how to get Kingsoft on Multi-window without rooting?

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Virtual Keyboard with Bluetooth Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by brymanda View Post
    My tablet still defaults to the virtual keyboard in many applications even when a bluetooth keyboard is already recognized and in use. Usually it's just annoying, but when I use Chrome or OfficeSuite as a Multi-Window app, it's pretty unusable because the keyboard takes up so much screen real estate. Does anyone have a long term solution? I've been hitting the back key for now, but pretty much any time I click on the OfficeSuite screen it throws the keyboard back up. I'm just using the Pro trial right now. Thanks!!

Alternatively, does anyone know how to get Kingsoft on Multi-window without rooting?
    So you never want to open the virtual keyboard? Or only when necessary? Longpress a text field and select keyboard input. You'll be able to select, or deselect, the keyboards. I'm not sure that you can fully remove the virtual keyboard but it's worth a shot.

Otherwise, you'll have to remove the keyboard when it pops-up, which is a big inconvenience as you already know, and I agree. I'll keep an eye out for a better solution.