Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 10.1 + Firefox + Flash Player

Was at first dismayed at early run though of Firefox and my Note 10.1 (2014), that I could not get any Flash videos to play....

Rummaging around on Google provided me with this link...

Adobe Community: How do I manually install Flash Player on my Android device?

Went to it, followed instructions, and Flash player installed just fine....

Here is where it gets a little fuzzy as I don't quite remember steps, but think I was up on a site and going to look at a videos and clicked on video and a "query screen" came up about selecting a browser, gave the three browser choices on my 'Note' (in my case FF) and whether I wanted to do this "just once" or always, clicked through procedure as I deemed necessary and all is good...

With FF running I can go to most any site and view any flash videos, assume it would be same install for CHROME or any other legitimate browser...

Cheers!

Dale

Default Re: Note 10.1 + Firefox + Flash Player

I think the link you posted will be helpful for a lot of people. I use Firefox as my main browser and have added Flash as you have. I would suggest it for anybody.

Regards,

Posted via Android Central App

FWIW, I also had that problem, however, following those instructions (I also found that link) still didn't correct the problem. I ended up searching the forums here and learned a few more steps that helped me. In my case, after importing and installing the archived Adobe Flash Player, my videos still didn't play. So here's what I did additionally.

I removed and then reinstalled Firefox. I also downloaded the “flash video downloader” addon for FF. Additionally, I enabled plugins (under FF settings; the addon list is under “tools” in FF). And finally, also under FF settings, I chose the “request desktop site” option. All together, that worked. I would imagine that you could test this by applying one step at a time until you have Flash enabled. Good luck!
    Thanked by:

The "request desktop site" is key and I have found flash will not work without it being selected. I just wish you could make "request desktop site" the default remaining on all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by FLGibsonJr View Post
    The "request desktop site" is key and I have found flash will not work without it being selected. I just wish you could make "request desktop site" the default remaining on all of the time.

"Next" browser supports Flash by the above process and does have a setting to have desktop view be the default.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .