1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 10.1 and USB Hub

Was wondering if any hardware people have used a powered USB hub to run multiple USB devices off a Galaxy 10.1 (2014) with Android 4.3... Sort of visualize a powered hub (to supply power to USB devices) and not "load" tablet with excessive power drains on battery...Anyway USB hub plugged into tablet via proper cable connections ( USB to micro or maybe some adaptation (OTG cable?)) and then devices plugged into hub...Kind of visualize this in a docked situation where you might have a printer or keyboard or game controller or flash drive (or all the above ) connected to table ....

Any thoughts or concerns.... Trying to possible integrate and use some of my 'old' technology into the brave new world... What am I missing here besides "device driver" that are incomparable or may be nonexistent...

Cheers!

Dale

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Galaxy Note 10.1 and USB Hub

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_M View Post
    Was wondering if any hardware people have used a powered USB hub to run multiple USB devices off a Galaxy 10.1 (2014) with Android 4.3... Sort of visualize a powered hub (to supply power to USB devices) and not "load" tablet with excessive power drains on battery...Anyway USB hub plugged into tablet via proper cable connections ( USB to micro or maybe some adaptation (OTG cable?)) and then devices plugged into hub...Kind of visualize this in a docked situation where you might have a printer or keyboard or game controller or flash drive (or all the above ) connected to table ....

Any thoughts or concerns.... Trying to possible integrate and use some of my 'old' technology into the brave new world... What am I missing here besides "device driver" that are incomparable or may be nonexistent...

Cheers!

Dale
    I would imagine you will see significant battery drain depending on how many devices are connected and how much power is being pulled. Also, check the required power output needed to supply power to the USB hub and see if it will even work with the device.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy Note 10.1 and USB Hub

Think you missed the part where I mentioned a "powered" USB hub (has own independent power supply), to power USB devices to prevent power drains on tablet...

Dale