1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Multi window question

I like to use the multi window feature to view Facebook and chrome at the same time. However, I can't get this configuration to save using the "Create" feature. I`ve had it work with other combos but not the one I use most often. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Default Re: Multi window question

Just tried it for the first time and no joy... so you're not alone

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

What do you mean by the "create" feature?
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    What do you mean by the "create" feature?
    The multi window sliding bar... if you scroll to the bottom you can hit the dots and then select Create... that will allow you to pair 2 apps that you normally open side by side... you need to open 2 apps, hit Create, name your pair and a paired icon will be added to the list. You can then select it and both apps will open at the same time side by side

ahh thanks...
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

This is a problem with the Facebook app. I've submitted the 'bug' a few times but still appears (at least on the beta program). For some reason the Facebook app spawns with a different process ID (or something like that, I didn't really get what the agent explained hehe) so MultiWindow sometimes opens Facebook up in, well, MultiWindow and sometimes it doesn't. But the thing is, to save the configuration the app needs to have the same IDThingy or MultiWindow 'thinks' it's a different app.
    Thanked by 2: