1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New UI

Do you guys think Samsung is going to update the GN 10.1 to the new KitKat UI? I am deciding whether I want to spend the $550 and get a GN 10.1 or go for a cheaper one. The specs on the 10.1 2014 are so killer, it will be relevant for awhile. Compared to the lower tier tablets which seem to go out of date every quarter.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Default Re: New UI

I'd wait. They just showed their newest product.
    Privacy is overrated :P

Quote Originally Posted by ramsv94 View Post
    Do you guys think Samsung is going to update the GN 10.1 to the new KitKat UI? I am deciding whether I want to spend the $550 and get a GN 10.1 or go for a cheaper one. The specs on the 10.1 2014 are so killer, it will be relevant for awhile. Compared to the lower tier tablets which seem to go out of date every quarter.
    ui or launcher is touchwiz, kitkat is a os and probally will happen in the summer for the update to kitkat
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by nettech207 View Post
    ui or launcher is touchwiz, kitkat is a os and probally will happen in the summer for the update to kitkat
    Yeah, my bad. I assumed that with kitkat they would bring the updated touchwiz instead on continuing with the current one.

There's still debate on that hehehe They way I see it we WILL get KitKat on the Note 10.1 soon, but as for the new MagazineUX or the 4-window MultiWindow mode, I'm still not sure. I mean, if you look at the specs of their new 'Pro' line, they're really below the Note 10.1 2014 (except for maybe the Note Pro 12.2)! So the only thing that makes them 'Pro' right now (besides some added LAN connectivity and USB3) is the new software. We may see some stripped version of it, though, like they did when they sent out the update package for the S3 and Note 2 when the S4 came out with all the new features.