Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Google Play Mags on SD

Soooperpigdog

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, first time poster - be gentle :)

Now I've searched & searched to no avail on this issue, but as the title suggests, I'm wanting to put all my google play mags onto an SD card. I've read that it's meant to happen automatically, blah blah, but it doesnt.. Any clues guys?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could help you. Have you called Samsung? I bought the 16GB version because of the "up to 64GB micro SD card". Little did I know (because Samsung doesn't offer to tell you), I can't put movies I BUY on the SD card. I think that goes for games and other licensed material. According to a rep in the Executive Care/Warranty dept, you can encrypt your SD card and then put the movies on it. I was in the process of figuring out if this works when I saw the post here about the tablet being 10% off on Newegg. So I just upgraded to the 32GB version and skipped the headache :p Still, it's rude of Samsung to omit that bit of information. Was that gentle enough? <g>

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could help you. Have you called Samsung? I bought the 16GB version because of the "up to 64GB micro SD card". Little did I know (because Samsung doesn't offer to tell you), I can't put movies I BUY on the SD card. I think that goes for games and other licensed material. According to a rep in the Executive Care/Warranty dept, you can encrypt your SD card and then put the movies on it. I was in the process of figuring out if this works when I saw the post here about the tablet being 10% off on Newegg. So I just upgraded to the 32GB version and skipped the headache :p Still, it's rude of Samsung to omit that bit of information. Was that gentle enough? <g>

Don't know if it is the same process or not, but on my Note 3, with a 64gb sd card, I was having problems putting my PURCHASED MUSIC AND DVDS on the sd card. Finally I coverted them to mp3 and/or mp4s, and they are now all on my 64gb sd card.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Still cant believe this isnt possible..

After looking into it further, the problem is with downloaded purchased music/movies. I have put movies galore on my Note3 and Note 10.1 2014. Both of them have 64gb sd cards.. The trick is, the music and movies that i put on them, all came from my purchased DVDs and CDs..IMO, too much chit in downloaded media... Example, I purchase a late movie DVD or music CD.. Then I copy and convert them over to my Note 3 and Note 2014..No problems whatsoever.