Home WiFi previously working but now "not in range". other devices can see and connect

jshankarp

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I have Samsung galaxy Note 10.1, 2014 edition tablet for 2 months using same home wifi. In the morning upto 11.30 am it worked fine. Suddenly when I came back home at 1 pm, i get a message " not in range". I have other HP laptop, Samsung Galaxy S4 phone all able to see the same wifi and connect to it. Tried switching off the tablet, switching off the wifi and turn it back on again. I can see all other wifi's from nearby apartments except my home wifi which is 2 feet away on Galaxy note 10.1. Can anyone help?. I need to get this working urgently.

jshankarp

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I tried using the hotspot on S4 and it still shows "not in range". I am yet to try the method suggested by Dale_M. Will do so tomorrow

jshankarp

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Solved. I contacted the service provider Unifi malaysia. They helped me to log in to the router and change the wi-Fi channel from channel 6 to channel 11. Immediately this fixed the problem.

Thanks John and Dale for your help.

Regards

IWTFSYBN

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
That will have been interference from others sharing that channel. It's quite common in densely populated areas, high rise buildings etc. Some routers seem to handle it better than others, but at least you have a workable solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek