New to the forum.

grove53

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Wanted to say Hi to all and ask and tell some stuff.
Got the Note 10.1 2014 32G last week and have to say I am really impressed. I have the Tab 10.1 (GTP7510) that I got in 2011. It was slooow and buggy and laggy and battery life sucked. The two are like night and day. I've been getting at least 8 to 9hrs of battery on the 2014 and have really not experienced and of the lag people complain about. I did install Nova when I got it. Maybe that helped. I got the free version and was wondering if the pay version is worth it? Also, is the only way to transfer pics, music and files from the tab 10.1 to the 2014 done with Dropbox or Kies Air. I tried Kies but it only wanted to transfer from old Tab to Note not the other way around. I have a MacBook Air and downloaded Dropbox on it to transfer some stuff but it takes awhile. I guess I thought Samsung would have made it easier to sync their products. Any help would be appreciated.
Fit and finish of the Note are pretty good. I did notice some ever-so slight bumps on the back. I read some others have also. Wonder what the deal is. Also, noticed that the camera lens is a little off. Kind of askew. Not real noticeable unless light reflects off it just right then you can see the lens is not straight. That's how I first saw it. No big thing but it is a $600 machine.
I went ahead a spent a few bucks and got the Samsung OEM case and have to say it is really nice and the fit is perfect. It turns on the Note when I open it. Feels and looks nice. Expensive? Yes, but so was the Note. I also got a FlexARMOR sleeve to put it in. Only $15 (free ship) thru Amazon. Nice thick (not uncomfortably) waffle pouch that feels very protective. Like bubble wrap. I feel it's worth it if you take the Note every place like I do.
Anyway, I enjoy the forum and really like my Note 10.1 2014. I think Samsung got it right.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

as for transferring pics, music, etc, does your old device have a micro sd card, or usb on the go capable? if so, just copy stuff to the media, then to the new device. If not, can the old device be seen/used as an external drive to a computer? Depending on how much data you have, this hardware approach may be faster and easier than drop box or kies.

Good luck and have fun leaning all the cool stuff this amazing device can do

grove53

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
dianehelen- no the original Tab 10.1 did not have a micro sd card slot or a USB slot. In fact the charge cord plug is the wide 30 pin plug. I haven't tried to see if it will work with my Mac Book as an external drive. I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Question, is that pocket on the Flex Armour sleeve big enough to fit the charger and cable, or just the cable alone. Curious because I wanted a case like that for travel, but if the charging block won't fit in it, it would defeat the purpose. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

grove53

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
The pocket will hold the cable and charger but it would be bulky. I put my Bluetooth ear buds in the front pouch and can zip it closed. Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

SheTeck

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
You can use bump or bluetooth to transfer pics, docs and music. To transfer apps, download the bluetooth app sender onto your old tablet. Free in Google play store.

sirtaugs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Make sure to register your new device. Bunch a free stuff like 25 bucks for Google play and 50 bucks for the Samsung app store. Also 50GB of storage from Dropbox for 2 years :) didn't know about this for weeks until I randomly heard about it in a review. Hope this helps. I'm new too. Welcome!!

Sent from my SM-P600

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781