Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is "Multiple Widget Feature"?

I'm watching a YouTube Video on the GN 2014. At the 2:30 point he mentions and demonstrates the "Multiple Widget" feature. He goes on to say you have to enable it. It looks like he is spinning a cube of widgets. I'm not finding it. Also did a pdf search for the term and didn't find it.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Default Re: Where is "Multiple Widget Feature"?

The instructions to activate the features are actually provided as subtitles right in the video...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where is "Multiple Widget Feature"?-screen-shot-2014-01-14-6.46.55-pm.png  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I saw that but didn't see anything about a multiple widget feature such as what he showed. So I went back and actually chose a lock screen and THEN saw the information. Don't want to have to lock my screen tho. I like that. Wish it could be used without a lock screen. Doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know

I am feeling very slow here but I do not see the multiple widgets option under - settings-device-lockscreen. Is it not an option if you have a PIN enabled?

Yes, with PIN enabled and it wont works. Muliple widget features only works with "swipe to unlock".
    AMG_Roadster likes this.

Thanks. I have Chronus as a lock screen widget on another tablet and I am going to miss it here.

Lock-screen widgets (to which these options refer to) can only be used with a NON SECURE lockscreen. If you select a secure one, like PIN or password, they won't be available.

If you don't use a lockscreen they're not available because,well, you have widgets on your home screens. Just add them there :P