Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Resize Photo

I know I can choose a photo resolution before taking a picture (and use the cropping feature afterwards) but is there a way to resize a photo after I've taken it. I can't find a way to resize a picture before sending it via email. All my Apple friends were quick to tell me they can do it on their ipads <lol> so surely our great and mighty GN 10.1 2014 can do it

Default Re: Resize Photo

Play Store, one of my gotta have aps,
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.photoresizer
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    Thanked by:

You can either go into the e-mail app settings and change the picture attachment settings (it automatically re-sizes the pictures to the value you specify) or you can use third party apps like the one dianehelen suggested, there's also the light version of Photoshop that will let you do this, or you can use Samsung's own Photo Editor (some phones have this pre-installed, some others you need to go into Samsung Apps and download it). Your iPad-totting friends are probably using the 'automatic re-sizing' option.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

SpookDroid, I would rather use a setting within Gmail rather than have to go thru a 3rd party app (more downloads and more steps) but I don't see where in Gmail to make this change. Could you please direct me to it (provided it actually has a setting to do this). I'm surprised thre was
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    You can either go into the e-mail app settings and change the picture attachment settings (it automatically re-sizes the pictures to the value you specify) or you can use third party apps like the one dianehelen suggested, there's also the light version of Photoshop that will let you do this, or you can use Samsung's own Photo Editor (some phones have this pre-installed, some others you need to go into Samsung Apps and download it). Your iPad-totting friends are probably using the 'automatic re-sizing' option.

Ooooh, you want to do it in the GMail app... then I'm sorry, you're out of luck, there's no such setting. And if I recall correctly, it's not there either on the iPad counterpart. If you use, however, the stock E-Mail app with your Google account, then the settings I mentioned are there; I imagine that's how your iPad friends do that, too.