Help with ATT network connection problems on Note 10.1 (2014)

Igorandroid

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello, everyone!
I have a minor problem of not being able to connect to ATT 4G LTE network with ATT bought sim card on Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014).
Initially the tablet was connected to HSPA+ for several hours after receiving service with ATT, but now I have lost service and only the 4 bars display. Samsung refused to help over the phone (not USA version); nor ATT are able to help over the phone. I want LTE, especially since we have the service in the area (Alaska). I'm willing to do anything to the device to have the problem fixed. Tablet was bought on ebay international unlocked version. ATT store service lady had to take it to the back room for about 45min to have the network set up by a technician. Does any one know why do they have to scan the bar code for my device? Could I have bought my own SIM card and set up the service with ATT over the phone? Does anyone know if ATT wanted to mess with my settings on the device in order to prevent access to some aspects of their network like LTE? Is there a way to access all network configuration other than the settings icon options; root the device? Any help is appreciated!

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello, everyone!
I have a minor problem of not being able to connect to ATT 4G LTE network with ATT bought sim card on Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014).
Initially the tablet was connected to HSPA+ for several hours after receiving service with ATT, but now I have lost service and only the 4 bars display. Samsung refused to help over the phone (not USA version); nor ATT are able to help over the phone. I want LTE, especially since we have the service in the area (Alaska). I'm willing to do anything to the device to have the problem fixed. Tablet was bought on ebay international unlocked version. ATT store service lady had to take it to the back room for about 45min to have the network set up by a technician. Does any one know why do they have to scan the bar code for my device? Could I have bought my own SIM card and set up the service with ATT over the phone? Does anyone know if ATT wanted to mess with my settings on the device in order to prevent access to some aspects of their network like LTE? Is there a way to access all network configuration other than the settings icon options; root the device? Any help is appreciated!

As far as I am aware, our tablet works with the following LTE bands: LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600.
AT&T uses the 700 band if I am not mistaken (must be the same in Alaska ?) so it would not be compatible at all. You should be able to access the 3G network without any problems but not LTE. Hope I'm wrong and you find a solution.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
As far as I am aware, our tablet works with the following LTE bands: LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600.
AT&T uses the 700 band if I am not mistaken (must be the same in Alaska ?) so it would not be compatible at all. You should be able to access the 3G network without any problems but not LTE. Hope I'm wrong and you find a solution.

You are right, international SM-P605 version doesnt support US LTE network and only 3G with AT&T. Theoretically max speed on ATT is 21Mb and T-Mobile 42Mb with 3G and peoples have reported they get around 5-8 Mb on ATT with international SM-P605.
There are nothing to do about it, unless wait for Verizon to release Note LTE version. Then sell current int. SM-P605 and buy when it got release in US. Root wont help, since its LTE modem hardware limited and cant change just by "software" mod.

Igorandroid

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply!
I didn't know that ATT uses the 700 band. But they are still labeling it as LTE and this is kind of a bummer. I will look into LTE specs, but for now I did have ATT connect my tablet to 3G labeled as H+ in notification bar, as you have stated.

Igorandroid

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
So, I take it that the US LTE network runs on 700 band and there is no carrier currently that supports SM-P605 LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600?
If there is a US version of galaxy 10.1 (2014) LTE edition it would run on the 700 band? This seems unlikely when there are so many other bands available supported by this tablet.
So, if Verizon had offered one of those LTE bands it would be possible to connect SM-P605 even now, but it doesn't?
Thanks for your replies, I will live with what I have and consider selling my galaxy tab for another one in the future.

smithtoddr

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Can you please txt me your number to [phone number removed by moderator]? I'd really appreciate learning how you got data to work with AT&T. I went into their store today and we tried everything. You can also email me at [email removed]. I'm desperate to get it configured.

Send member PM please.

Last edited by a moderator:

leesparkman

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem with att on a new intl version 10.1 2014. I knew the lte bands in the USA are different but you should get an hspa connection.

I went to att store and they gave me a new sim and recorded the imei number of note 10.1 with new sim.

However no joy. Still can't get a data connection, but device shows four bar signal and shows i am connected to att.

How did you get your note to Work?

Many thanks......

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy