Got My New 32GB GN 10.1/2014 Today: Question About Default Wallpaper

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I am 95% sure that the default wallpaper on my 16GB version was the yellow/orange oil painting look. Right?
This 32GB version has a solid blue default wallpaper. The lock screen is the yellow/orange but after unlocking it's blue.
I was already questioning to myself if this was a returned unit because there was just one small sliver of the protective plastic
around the edges and the back protective film was lifted and (used) looking at one corner and there is what looks like some packaging
debris underneath it.

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Got My New 32GB GN/2014 Today: Question About Default Wallpaper

I am 95% sure that the default wallpaper on my 16GB version was the yellow/orange oil painting look. Right?
This 32GB version has a solid blue default wallpaper. The lock screen is the yellow/orange but after unlocking it's blue.
I was already questioning to myself if this was a returned unit because there was just one small sliver of the protective plastic
around the edges and the back protective film was lifted and (used) looking at one corner and there is what looks like some packaging
debris underneath it.
Did you buy it brand new from an electronics store or somewhere online? If it's the latter, that might be possible

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Brand new from Newegg. Same place the 16GB version came from.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Yes it was. Does anyone remember what their default homepage wallpaper was?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Yes it was. Does anyone remember what their default homepage wallpaper was?

I wouldn't worry much about the wallpaper as much as I would about the plastic. I haven't used NewEgg before, is it a store or is it like eBay where you can buy from other users?

Posted via Android Central App

SheTeck

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree with artdeguzman. Oil painting on lock screen, blue on home screen. Mine is the 16 GB one. The back protective plastic was very flimsy and lifted easily. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Got mine from a cellular dealership in South Africa.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I feel mucho better now :) But, last night I was definitely going to send it back. I did the OS update and then factory reset (as suggested and also did it on my 16GB). Then started making some changes in the system settings and just generally looking around. The entire system had a lag like I've never experienced. When I got the 16GB version I never had the dreaded lag that everyone spoke of. Now nearly all the windows are taking 3-4 seconds to open :eek: This must be what everyone is complaining about and it's SO not acceptable! I restarted the tablet to see if that helped. It didn't. OK, it's going back :( Turned it OFF. When I got up this morning I turned it back on and, so far, everything is back to it's (semi)snappy self. I wonder what turning it off for several hours did that a restart didn't do?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae