1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got My New 32GB GN 10.1/2014 Today: Question About Default Wallpaper

I am 95% sure that the default wallpaper on my 16GB version was the yellow/orange oil painting look. Right?
    This 32GB version has a solid blue default wallpaper. The lock screen is the yellow/orange but after unlocking it's blue.
    I was already questioning to myself if this was a returned unit because there was just one small sliver of the protective plastic
    around the edges and the back protective film was lifted and (used) looking at one corner and there is what looks like some packaging
    debris underneath it.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-16-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Got My New 32GB GN/2014 Today: Question About Default Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    I am 95% sure that the default wallpaper on my 16GB version was the yellow/orange oil painting look. Right?
    This 32GB version has a solid blue default wallpaper. The lock screen is the yellow/orange but after unlocking it's blue.
    I was already questioning to myself if this was a returned unit because there was just one small sliver of the protective plastic
    around the edges and the back protective film was lifted and (used) looking at one corner and there is what looks like some packaging
    debris underneath it.
    Did you buy it brand new from an electronics store or somewhere online? If it's the latter, that might be possible
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Brand new from Newegg. Same place the 16GB version came from.

Was the box sealed?
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes it was. Does anyone remember what their default homepage wallpaper was?

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    Yes it was. Does anyone remember what their default homepage wallpaper was?
    I wouldn't worry much about the wallpaper as much as I would about the plastic. I haven't used NewEgg before, is it a store or is it like eBay where you can buy from other users?

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Default Re: Got My New 32GB GN 10.1/2014 Today: Question About Default Wallpaper

Oil painting lock screen blue on home. I have 32GB.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Got My New 32GB GN 10.1/2014 Today: Question About Default Wallpaper

I agree with artdeguzman. Oil painting on lock screen, blue on home screen. Mine is the 16 GB one. The back protective plastic was very flimsy and lifted easily. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Got mine from a cellular dealership in South Africa.

Both my Note 10.1 2014 and Note 3 came with the oil painting as lock screen and blue background as default.

Quote Originally Posted by artdeguzman View Post
    Oil painting lock screen blue on home. I have 32GB.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Ditto's on oil painting and then blue.....

Dale
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks everyone. I feel mucho better now But, last night I was definitely going to send it back. I did the OS update and then factory reset (as suggested and also did it on my 16GB). Then started making some changes in the system settings and just generally looking around. The entire system had a lag like I've never experienced. When I got the 16GB version I never had the dreaded lag that everyone spoke of. Now nearly all the windows are taking 3-4 seconds to open :o This must be what everyone is complaining about and it's SO not acceptable! I restarted the tablet to see if that helped. It didn't. OK, it's going back Turned it OFF. When I got up this morning I turned it back on and, so far, everything is back to it's (semi)snappy self. I wonder what turning it off for several hours did that a restart didn't do?

Cleared cache?

Dale