Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GlassToTheArson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem saving edited powerpoint in Polaris 5 on Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)

Polaris 5 does everything I need it to do, but for some reason I can't save the things I've written on my PPT's.

Polaris keeps telling me that the document doesn't support editing with the pen. Which is BS because another of my class mates has been using a similar program, I just don't know which one.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Problem saving edited powerpoint in Polaris 5 on Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)

Nobody?

Default Re: Problem saving edited powerpoint in Polaris 5 on Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)

Can't you find out what program your classmate is using?
    You could save it as pdf and use a pdf reader to write on the document.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So as it turns out I had to convert the .ppt to a .pptx. Now my problem is that I can't find the save function in Polaris 5 once I've done my editing.

Upper Left corner, drop down, gives you save options.

Problem saving edited powerpoint in Polaris 5 on Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)-screenshot_2014-01-17-20-21-36.jpg

Posted via Android Central App
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
    Thanked by:

I opened Polaris, wrote on a slide, clicked on back button. It asked if I wanted to save.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Good god I'm dense lol. Thanks a lot for the help guys

That's just the nature of an open system like android. Each app developer places their tools where they see fit. It takes a bit of exploration at times, which is different from the stamped out, cookie cutter UI of Windows or Mac. But sure makes for a wonderful world of choices in apps. :-D
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    That's just the nature of an open system like android. Each app developer places their tools where they see fit. It takes a bit of exploration at times, which is different from the stamped out, cookie cutter UI of Windows or Mac. But sure makes for a wonderful world of choices in apps. :-D
    Ament to that. I was originally going to buy an ipad, but after the great experience I've had with my galaxy s4, the note 10.1 was a no brainer. I am absolutely in love with the Android os
    dianehelen likes this.