Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Music Player

What is best music player app out there..... Most have two issues I want to get past.....

One is playlist, most want to have them hard coded, ( playlist file in memory) and I want one that is dynamic (can change on the fly)....

Other is I have many .wav files and need to edit song title and artist information, and most players will not allow any edits in .wav files....

Yes converting files is option, but its another step I choose not to do....

Dale

Global Posts
    17,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Best Music Player

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_M View Post
    What is best music player app out there..... Most have two issues I want to get past.....

One is playlist, most want to have them hard coded, ( playlist file in memory) and I want one that is dynamic (can change on the fly)....

Other is I have many .wav files and need to edit song title and artist information, and most players will not allow any edits in .wav files....

Yes converting files is option, but its another step I choose not to do....

Dale
    I like PowerAmp. I am not sure if it can do what you want. It is a paid app but has a 2 week trial, so nothing really to lose. Otherwise, I like it's UI and it can play many file types that others can't.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I like PowerAmp as well.

There may be more choices in this thread: Which Music Player?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Admittedly, I am not a audio-phile but I do like my music to sound good (to my ears). My question is, do the apps themselves affect the sound quality or is that just dependent on the music file/format and hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    Admittedly, I am not a audio-phile but I do like my music to sound good (to my ears). My question is, do the apps themselves affect the sound quality or is that just dependent on the music file/format and hardware?
    I think it's both. Poweramp has an equalizing feature where you can boost what you want. Some other players seem too quiet but you can adjust volume in Poweramp separately from your phone's settings.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Ditto, Power Amp fan as well. In addition to the equalizer controls it has other tweaks that customize and improve sound... All great adjustments for the wide range of listening habits and speaker choices... from earphones, to stereos, using wires, bluetooth whatever... Power Amp user for years... It really spoils you...

Posted via Android Central App
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)
    Last edited by cahls; 01-17-2014 at 01:49 PM.

So if you enjoy a wide range of music (which I do) does that mean you need to change settings with each song if it's a different style/genre than the one before it?

No, it varies more for me by what I'm listening on... But they do have an unlimited preset option for genres, etc...

Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

I don't, but you certainly can if you want to. I've increased volume in Poweramp but mostly leave the rest default and it sounds fine to me, but I don't have golden ears.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Installed Poweramp (trial) , and I can it does what I want...... Actually more than I want, but extras are just a bonus.... When I have more time and more experience with it, I think I'm really going to like it....

Now only have 121 more artists I have to figure out who they are and edit their songs....

Dale

You will enjoy it alot Dale... Look thru the settings and their categories to see what is there under the hood... Check out the gapless options and the EQ... I also love their playlists set up... PoweAmp interfaces with your phone or tablet too in EVERY aspect starting automatically if desired, pausing for other apps/uses, restarting again for appropriate settings or just for bluetooth or headphones if plugged in, etc... a very powerful app... great sound and great user friendly app...

Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

Also take a look at Player Pro. I compared Power Amp and Player Pro, and went with this one. On my Galaxy S and S3, it seemed to have the better sound quality to me. Note that the equalizer is a separate download of a free plug-in. The free version is fully functional and not time-limited, but it will constantly throw up nag screens.