- 1,536 Posts
I've seen several threads where the GN/2014 tablet is referred to as a "phone". Is this out of habit (since cell phones have been around a lot longer and I'm sure a lot of people here have Samsung phones)? I know there is a LTE version but still I would think it's a tablet that has phone capabilities, not to mention most of the units here are wifi versions. Just curious. It's my nature
- 01-17-2014, 02:33 PM #2
The Phones Show - 204 - When is a phone not a phone? Plus the Lumia 928,and I totally agree with the definition.
- 01-17-2014, 02:44 PM #3
I certainly would look too funny holding my Note 10.1 to my ear and use it as a phone :P I think most sites automate this because of the "Galaxy Note" monicker, and some others, just tag along. This is, by no means, a phone. Even with LTE, it's no phone. It's a tablet that can make calls. :P
- 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM #4
Agree it's a tablet with phone capabilities (whatsapp works!)
I use it as back phone and connect with a wired handsfree from my Blackberry. Works fine n fandy.
I don't like to bring additional powerbanks so this is a win win solution
Sent from my T753 using Tapatalk
- 01-21-2014, 11:27 PM #5
I think the thing is in many places outside the US, consumers buy a tablet to use as a phone, and a Bluetooth headset, as they pay full retail price for all electronic devices.
From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
- 01-21-2014, 11:48 PM #6
- By Gekko in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 01-18-2014, 09:05 PM
- By crmass in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 01-17-2014, 08:03 PM
- By fdisker2000 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2014, 11:43 AM
- By Toon49 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2014, 10:50 AM
- By JoePaLives in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 01-17-2014, 10:49 AM