Curious? What's your Galaxy Family?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Wait, are we talking current or history included? Here's what my Galaxy history looks like:

Galaxy Tab 7.0
Galaxy Epic 4G
Galaxy Player 4.0
Galaxy Player 5.0
Galaxy Epic 4G Touch
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Note 2
Galaxy Light (x2)
Galaxy Note 3

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I would have to list ,
Tab 7
Tab 8.9
Epic touch
Galaxy nexus
Note 10.1
Note 2...............currently rockin with the tab 10.1- 2014, and the note 3. Love them both

Posted via Android Central App

Anim@l

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Here's my family's galaxy family....

Galaxy Y S5360 - (eldest son's phone)
Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 - (spare phone)
Galaxy SIII mini I89190 - (wife's phone)
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 - (my phone)
Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 - (Family Tab.. still functioning after 2 years)
Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210 - (wife's Tab)
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition P600 - (My Tab replacing P6200 which became the family tab)

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My current Galaxy lineup

Me: Note 3, Note 8, Note 10.1 2014, and Note Pro 12.2, Galaxy Gear, Series 9 laptop
Wife: Galaxy S
Daughter: Galaxy Player 4.2, and Samsung Chromebook
Son: Galaxy Player 3.6, Tab 3 - 7.0

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
My current Galaxy lineup

Me: Note 3, Note 8, Note 10.1 2014, and Note Pro 12.2, Galaxy Gear, Series 9 laptop
Wife: Galaxy S
Daughter: Galaxy Player 4.2, and Samsung Chromebook
Son: Galaxy Player 3.6, Tab 3 - 7.0

How you like that 12.2 Pro?? :D I went in the store, and played with it for a long time. .Too big for me.. (.. IMO, it is has taken the place of your laptop/notebook, I am sure...

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
How you like that 12.2 Pro?? :D I went in the store, and played with it for a long time. .Too big for me.. (.. IMO, it is has taken the place of your laptop/notebook, I am sure...

I really like the Note Pro 12.2. The added screen size is really a value. I didn't think it would be, but I find myself using the multitasking features on the 12.2 (just because it's easier with the large screen) than I ever did with my other devices.

I don't carry the 12.2 back and forth to work. I primarily leave the 12.2 at home, and keep the Note 10.1 at the office. It's only been a week now, but I plan to swap them out in a week or so, and try the 12.2 at work, and the 10.1 at home to see which option works best for me.

In either case, I plan to keep it. I am a Elite Member at Best Buy so I get 45 days to decide before return period expires as opposed to the typical 15. By then it will be fully immersed into my lifestyle or not.

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I really like the Note Pro 12.2. The added screen size is really a value. I didn't think it would be, but I find myself using the multitasking features on the 12.2 (just because it's easier with the large screen) than I ever did with my other devices.

I don't carry the 12.2 back and forth to work. I primarily leave the 12.2 at home, and keep the Note 10.1 at the office. It's only been a week now, but I plan to swap them out in a week or so, and try the 12.2 at work, and the 10.1 at home to see which option works best for me.

In either case, I plan to keep it. I am a Elite Member at Best Buy so I get 45 days to decide before return period expires as opposed to the typical 15. By then it will be fully immersed into my lifestyle or not.

I'm curious if when using a different launcher, such as Nova, if the magazine ux is completely hidden on the pro 12.2. I don't mind updating to kitkat I think, but I want complete control over my home screens.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious if when using a different launcher, such as Nova, if the magazine ux is completely hidden on the pro 12.2. I don't mind updating to kitkat I think, but I want complete control over my home screens.

I'm not sure what would happen if you install another launcher. I like the touchwiz launcher so while I have played around with some of the others, I always come back to TW. That being said, the magazine ux can be removed. It's an optional feature that each user has the ability to use or not. I use one TW homescreen, and 3 Magazine screens.

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Chromebook, a Note 10.1, a Note 10.1 2014, and a Note 12.2 - I'm really hoping Samsung don't bring out any more lovely tablets, as my credit card is already in shock! I agree with DAS that the split screen function is actually usable on the 12.2 - it was far too cramped on the 10.1

I've also got a Nexus 7 - and up until I bought that I never thought I'd get on with a tablet. I think I might have been wrong!

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I must be a masochist considering my love/hate with Samsung products vs support. But I just bought a little (yes going smaller) Samsung Galaxy Discover , from Walmart that is on the Cricket network, no contract. But I only bought it for wifi access ( I confused the heck out of their customer svc, asking if the wifi would work if I never bought minutes) so I could have a small device to use to listen to music with to go to sleep. It's really a very cute little phone and a super deal at 49 bucks. Using my big Note or even the smaller Tab 7" was just too big to just have in my hand to sleep with. I dont want to drain the battery on my S4 overnight, like to have that start my day with a full charge. I wanted access to Pandora, Google Play music, Songza, and all the music from my ipod nano and shuffle, so I would only have to keep one device on my night table

This 49 buck little phone has a micro sd slot and comes with 4gb sd card. I was very tickled with my own cleverness to get this, instead of a very overpriced ipod touch wifi, to have online access to music in addition to on device. I put a 32gb card in it and have all my online music available + about 20gb so far, of my tunes.

oh and it says it's android ics (4.0), but when I checked for update, it updated to jb 4.1.2

here it is, if anyone is interested

[URL="https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/612734/9383?sharedid=159229&subId1=UUacUvbUpU3466038&subId2=vbac&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fip%2FCrickett-Cricket-Samsung-Galaxy-Discover-S730m%2F29461852%22]Samsung-Galaxy-Discover-Smartphone/29461852[/URL]

They said no one ever asked if you could use this phone as wifi only.

I'm so clever ;-) hehe

so my list updates to, in size order:

Galaxy Discover
Galaxy S4
Galaxy Tab 3 7"
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

Last edited:

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on that good deal! ����

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

YA, Im really LOVING it. Small, cute, familiar UI and works just great! Just cant get rid of the little icon in the notification area that keeps telling me to activate it (meaning buy minutes, that I dont need) but I can live with that.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
YA, Im really LOVING it. Small, cute, familiar UI and works just great! Just cant get rid of the little icon in the notification area that keeps telling me to activate it (meaning buy minutes, that I dont need) but I can live with that.

Yup! I could live with that too no problem. 😆

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have that phone too and only used it wifi for a month or two. Turn airplane mode on, then turn on the wifi without getting out of airplane mode. Then your phone won't be trying to connect to cell radio signals you don't want anyway. It will also save you battery staying in airplane Mode even though you are using wifi.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have that phone too and only used it wifi for a month or two. Turn airplane mode on, then turn on the wifi without getting out of airplane mode. Then your phone won't be trying to connect to cell radio signals you don't want anyway. It will also save you battery staying in airplane Mode even though you are using wifi.

oh cool tip! thanks a bunch. Will that turn off the cricket activate notification?
(edit: nope, even in airplane mode the cricket activate notification appears, no biggie)

it's such a great, cute, small, little device, for this specific purpose.

Last edited:

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
oh cool tip! thanks a bunch. Will that turn off the cricket activate notification?
(edit: nope, even in airplane mode the cricket activate notification appears, no biggie)

it's such a great, cute, small, little device, for this specific purpose.

it turned off the activate notification for me, but mine is Bell Canada, so different phone company different bloatware I'm assuming. In any case should save you battery and lessen the amount of cell signals, which was important for me.

Oh wait, take out the sim card as well (I'm assuming it came with a sim card that you just aren't activating? That might do it? I also unlocked my phone, but if you aren't using the phone bit ever, no point I guess)

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
no
it turned off the activate notification for me, but mine is Bell Canada, so different phone company different bloatware I'm assuming. In any case should save you battery and lessen the amount of cell signals, which was important for me.

Oh wait, take out the sim card as well (I'm assuming it came with a sim card that you just aren't activating? That might do it? I also unlocked my phone, but if you aren't using the phone bit ever, no point I guess)

does not seen to have a SIM card, just the micro sd card. Ya I don't need the phone at all, have my lovely S4 for phone stuff :)

Uschiekid

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
no

does not seen to have a SIM card, just the micro sd card. Ya I don't need the phone at all, have my lovely S4 for phone stuff :)

oh right, American phone system doesn't always use sim... If it did, it would be behind the battery, that's where mine is. Must be a version created for that network.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
oh right, American phone system doesn't always use sim... If it did, it would be behind the battery, that's where mine is. Must be a version created for that network.

Not just America, there are other countries that use CDMA too. 😜

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae