1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation My Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) has a dark screen.

Just yesterday my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Ed. started acting weird. Now whenever i press main button the screen won't show anything. But tablet itself seems to be fully functional in anything else. I still can touch-unlock it, do stuff and hear responding sounds. But the screen is down. Then only I realized that the brightness is absolutely down by looking at the tablet as close as I can on light. Tried to regulate the brightness and check autobrightness. Not helping. Tried to reset device. Not helping either. And the thing is whenever I restart my Note the brightness comes back. And after first time I lock the screen with power button after restart the dark screen comes back. What to do?

Default Re: My Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) has a dark screen.

Get it serviced. Sounds like a hardware issue, unfortunately.

I've had this before. Returned it, got a new one. Now, it just happened again. Began with a corner of the tablet looking dark. Reset it, and screen never came back on. Did you ever find a solution?

Has it been dropped?

nope.

Quote Originally Posted by wsoxfan83 View Post
    nope.
    I have the exact same thing I have to keep turning it off and o

Quote Originally Posted by wsoxfan83 View Post
    I've had this before. Returned it, got a new one. Now, it just happened again. Began with a corner of the tablet looking dark. Reset it, and screen never came back on. Did you ever find a solution?
    Any chance it was like this? I noticed this darker area, although it's not always like this. Idk either i should return it or keep using and hope it's a software issue.
    My Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) has a dark screen.-img_20140315_042057.jpg
    It is not as bad as it looks in this picture, but turns reading into quite an annoying task due to the brightness difference.
    ps: Made all tests available on display tester - this pic is one of them- and no issues like dead pixels etc

Quote Originally Posted by Yannick Klausener View Post
    Any chance it was like this? I noticed this darker area, although it's not always like this. Idk either i should return it or keep using and hope it's a software issue.
    Your tablet should not have ANY screen issues... not for the price you paid. If you are able to exchange, don't hesitate !
    Just my 2 cents
    Thanked by:

Angry Re: My Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) has a dark screen.

my tablet screen has gone black too. i have shone a tortch into the screen and i can just about make out the display and when i move the toggle up and down to ajust the brightness it does nothing it just stays the same, ive switched it off and on a few time but it has done nothing, i am not using any custom roms. also i havnt broke it of dropped it in anyway, i have only had it since christmas. Thanks!!!

BTW im using the samsung note 10.1 2014 edition

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Gascoigne View Post
    my tablet screen has gone black too. i have shone a tortch into the screen and i can just about make out the display and when i move the toggle up and down to ajust the brightness it does nothing it just stays the same, ive switched it off and on a few time but it has done nothing, i am not using any custom roms. also i havnt broke it of dropped it in anyway, i have only had it since christmas. Thanks!!!

BTW im using the samsung note 10.1 2014 edition
    Welcome to the club all and include myself. It happened to me yesterday while using the tab and the screen start to flickering. A restart and booomm, black screen and shame on sammy crap.
    But I managed to fixed it myself and got the screen back. See how long before it gonna happen again. Others at xda have reported same problem and crappy quality control or whatever crap by sammy.

Possible fix:
    Remove the backcover, can be easily done by credit card or just with fingernails.
    Disconnect LCD ribbon cable and battery cable. Wait few minute, before reconnnect both cables again and if 1st try didnt work. Repeat same procedure until get the screen back.

Someone had same issue and sended it to sammy service. He got the tab back and only the battery module was replaced.
    So dont know what the heck is causing this issue and more peoples lately have reported same issue.