Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Air Command on S-pen for 2014 Note? So can the S-pen button be customized in apps?

The S-pen button on the 2014 Note 10.1 brings up the Air Command menu, so I was wondering if the Air Command overrides any customization in apps. Like some drawing apps allow for the s-pen button to be customized as an eraser or eyedropper tool. Would this still work on the 2014 Note, or would the button still bring up Air Command in those apps?

I only have the 2012 edition of the Note 10.1 and was curious about this.

Default Re: Air Command on S-pen for 2014 Note? So can the S-pen button be customized in apps?

Never tried it because I've found that apps that do take advantage of the S-Pen are very scarce and not really anything I truly use, but I'd suppose the API would override Air Command, just like apps that use the volume buttons do (Google Play Books, if enabled, will use the volume rocker to turn pages, so when you press those buttons while in Google Play Books, it won't do squat to the volume of the device until you exit the app or at least pull down the notification shade).