Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Viewing Evernote Files

So when I hand-write a note in S-Note and have it automatically sync to Evernote I can't seem to view that note on my PC. I see a thumbnail sized image of the note, but there's no way to view it at full resolution. This completely defeats the purpose as I can't read my pages full of notes!

Viewing Evernote Files-zi4z.png

Default Re: Viewing Evernote Files

Are you viewing it through Evernote?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, that screenshot was taken in Evernote on my PC. The note was written in S-Note on a Note 10.1 (2014) and automatically synced.

Unfortunately, that's how it works... Hand-written notes synced to Evernote are saved (stupidly, IMHO) in S-Notes own format, hence the SPD file that gets attached, so the only thing you get in Evernote is an image of the note that's not too big. If you click on the image/spd file in your Note, it opens up in S-Note for editing/viewing, but on a PC or other Evernote client, you can only see the image and download the SPD file, although I don't know if there's a viewer for Desktop or anything like that.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Unfortunately, that's how it works... Hand-written notes synced to Evernote are saved (stupidly, IMHO) in S-Notes own format, hence the SPD file that gets attached, so the only thing you get in Evernote is an image of the note that's not too big. If you click on the image/spd file in your Note, it opens up in S-Note for editing/viewing, but on a PC or other Evernote client, you can only see the image and download the SPD file, although I don't know if there's a viewer for Desktop or anything like that.
    Haha, my brain is apparently miles ahead of our available software/hardware. You helped me figure out which tablet to buy based on Evernote/S-Note features on a different thread, but now it looks like I can save myself $100 and downgrade to the older Note 10.1 and use Papyrus.

You can still use Papyrus on the newer Note (I think)... I know it's all down to taste, but the sheer screen alone is worth the 100 bucks IMHO (plus the increased speed and updated software).

As for the issue here, it's really a no-brainer, I'm not sure why Evernote and Samsung didn't pull a better integration... Sure, as long as you're using the newest S-Note/Evernot software in your phone or tablet you're good to go, but the whole point of doing this on Evernote is cross-platform sync, so having these notes on the PC as small images is really not that useful... I do hope they fix that, but to be fair, Evernote doesn't have a handwriting mode for PC either, so even if you're using the Skitch component for handwriting or using the iPad version that supports handwriting, all you can see is the uneditable note in your PC, but at least that shows up in a bigger, zoomable format, not just an image.