Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Screen protector

    Hi all I was just reading the manual, Samsung recommend "not" to use a screen protector. What is all your take on this... sounds stupid to me. And I have not placed one on my Note yet,,, waiting for it to arrive.
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,458 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by den1959 View Post
    Hi all I was just reading the manual, Samsung recommend "not" to use a screen protector. What is all your take on this... sounds stupid to me. And I have not placed one on my Note yet,,, waiting for it to arrive.
    Doesn't sound right. I'd use one anyway if you think you need it, can't imagine why they wouldn't want you to use one.
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Its not stupid, its indeed correct, but its not for screen protector will harm the tablet display. Just for "user experience" (whatever peoples wanna call it?) mostly. Most OEMs manuals do not recommended using screen protector and not just Samsungs. Screen protectors are just for protecting the device screen and it will decrease the "touch feeling", compared without.
    I had always used screen protectors on all mine smartphones, tablets and always ended taking it off. Just dont like the feelings interactive with the touch screen and stop to care about scratches or break the screen.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by den1959 View Post
    Hi all I was just reading the manual, Samsung recommend "not" to use a screen protector. What is all your take on this... sounds stupid to me. And I have not placed one on my Note yet,,, waiting for it to arrive.
    My son has a 1st Gen 10.1, that he purchased used. I was using it for a couple days, and he told me it had scratches on the screen. Sure enough, it had scratches on the screen. Since he had purchased it used, he didn't know all about it. Yesterday, he found out it has a screen protector on it, and there are NO scratches on the original screen!!

    I should be picking up my 2014 today at Bestbuy. I already have one screen protector that I purchased off Amazon to go right as soon as I get it. Also, I have I a tempered glass one on its way from China. I purchased the one on Amazon to have something on it at all times. I also purchased a case for it too. In other words, I get the cases and screen protectors before I get the item, so I can protect them from the first minute..

    Just my two cents..
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Get a decent HD quality one on Amazon. That's what I did, and haven't had any issues with touch sensitivity or decrease in clarity. It just isn't wise IMHO to run the screen on this device naked, where you write on the screen with a stylus. All it takes is for sand or something to get on the tip of the stylus, and you could scratch the screen.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Verizon Galaxy Note 2
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    If you are a careless or carefree type user. A screen protector becomes essential. However if you are the sole user and you really care for your device then SP becomes unnecessary.
    I bought my P601 and put a clear SP on it. The first few days any finger touch becomes random. I couldn't even open the note's protection where you connect the dots. I haf to use stylus all the time. By after 2 weeks of constant usage it now works normally. I think it may have something to do with the adhesive.
    Ig you the anti glare SP you lose clarity and there goes all the HD quality you are paying for.
    Buy one and try it out. If it don't work to your advantage peel it off.
    Thats my 100 cent...

    Sent from my T753 using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by Mai Dvices View Post
    If you are a careless or carefree type user. A screen protector becomes essential. However if you are the sole user and you really care for your device then SP becomes unnecessary.
    I bought my P601 and put a clear SP on it. The first few days any finger touch becomes random. I couldn't even open the note's protection where you connect the dots. I haf to use stylus all the time. By after 2 weeks of constant usage it now works normally. I think it may have something to do with the adhesive.
    Ig you the anti glare SP you lose clarity and there goes all the HD quality you are paying for.
    Buy one and try it out. If it don't work to your advantage peel it off.
    Thats my 100 cent...

    Sent from my T753 using Tapatalk
    You bought a cheap one, obviously.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Verizon Galaxy Note 2
  8. #8  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,536 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Even thought most screen protectors are cut around sensors, generic ones won't be. And this may be another reason why.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Definitely cheap.

    Sent from my T753 using Tapatalk
  10. #10  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,458 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Even thought most screen protectors are cut around sensors, generic ones won't be. And this may be another reason why.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Agreed. That would make a lot more sense.
    About the "feel" of the screen, it's also only changed by the cheap screen protectors, the good ones usually feel similar

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    I think this is a user's call. That is to put on a screen protector or choose not to put one on.. I choose the former. I am drop and mess up everything person. I have to be careful of myself, so you know my objects are in trouble. With that said, I always put a screen protector on as soon as I get an item that can use one. Ditto for my Note 3, which has a clone tempered glass, and my Note 2014.. I have one off Amazon on it now. Paid about $10 for it. I have a tempered glass coming from China. Will put that on as soon as it arrives.. Just using mine for a little over a day with the screen protector, it works okay for me..

    The manual states not to use one, because it might interfere with some of the senors..
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

    Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    I think this is a user's call. That is to put on a screen protector or choose not to put one on.. I choose the former. I am drop and mess up everything person. I have to be careful of myself, so you know my objects are in trouble. With that said, I always put a screen protector on as soon as I get an item that can use one. Ditto for my Note 3, which has a clone tempered glass, and my Note 2014.. I have one off Amazon on it now. Paid about $10 for it. I have a tempered glass coming from China. Will put that on as soon as it arrives.. Just using mine for a little over a day with the screen protector, it works okay for me..

    The manual states not to use one, because it might interfere with some of the senors..
    You say in a couple posts "I have a tempered glass coming from China." Can you please post a link, or give more info on where you ordered it from? I really would like a tempered glass so for my Note 2014 but I have yet to find one. Best I found was the Armor Suit on Amazon, but it doesn't state it is tempered glass.Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Ultra Clear Screen Protector + Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories

    Thanks!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by GSPsBro#AC View Post
    You say in a couple posts "I have a tempered glass coming from China." Can you please post a link, or give more info on where you ordered it from? I really would like a tempered glass so for my Note 2014 but I have yet to find one. Best I found was the Armor Suit on Amazon, but it doesn't state it is tempered glass.Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Ultra Clear Screen Protector + Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories

    Thanks!
    Here you go..



    They have two on Amazon.. One I think is the same above only $2 more..
    Amazon.com : Generic Tempered Glass LCD Film Screen Protector Guard Compatible for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Inch 2014 P600 Color Clear : Electronics
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

    Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    Here you go..

    They have two on Amazon.. One I think is the same above only $2 more..
    Amazon.com : Generic Tempered Glass LCD Film Screen Protector Guard Compatible for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Inch 2014 P600 Color Clear : Electronics
    You gotta love the description on Amazon

    Description£º
    1.Around and key hole position using advanced cambered surface process, and has the feel is good anti crushing easy point control etc, visual effect is excellent
    2.Glass material after high temperature steel processing, surface hardness up to eight , impact resistance is strong, not easy and scratches
    3. cutting fine, can perfect, after loading stick, to more agile, cambered surface impact effect causes the handset screen more solid
    4.High-end silicone resin film laminating, make toughened glass protection screen more completely, more human, even if broken, also won't splash around
    5.High quality antistatic adsorption film use, make the product joint and split simple, convenient operation
    6.Drain oil coating product oil pollution prevention, acid and alkali resistant, resistant to fingerprint, eternal clear and clean
    7.Tempered glass protection screen high transparent
    8.Long time use, eyes not easily fatigue, better protect vision
    9.This surface is flat
    NOTE:
    1.This is a glass product, please use a case with your glass screen protector to avoid chipping/cracking.
    2.Do not reuse the glass screen protector once applied.
    3.Using excessive force when installing/removing the screen protector may damage your product.
    4.Compatibility:Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 P600
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    1st one says shipping Feb 4 thru Feb 12

    The amazon one has 1 review that says shipping is in march.
    Tough to get a tempered glass screen protector these days!
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by GSPsBro View Post
    1st one says shipping Feb 4 thru Feb 12

    The amazon one has 1 review that says shipping is in march.
    Tough to get a tempered glass screen protector these days!
    Mine just came today. I have not open the package yet. Didn't feel like taking the Note out the keyboard case. Lazy, will do it tomorrow. This was abotu 10 days shipped from China.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

    Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Not a good pic, I am a novice with camera too. . Anyway, I installed the Tempered Glass on the 2014..($17.99 shipped off Ebay) I took off the $10 one that I got off Amazon, which IMO, was doing a good job. However, I have tempered glass on my Note 3, and I like the no bubbles, and hoping that if the worst happens to either one of my Notes, the tempered glass will take the hit. I peeled off the old one, screen was alreadly clean, but I wiped it again. Pulled out the temp glass, and I always get confused on which side is which. So, I touched the edge to make sure which is the sticky side.. To my surprise, my first attempt was spot on as far as being even all around. Rubbed out the few bubbles. and now I have clear tempered glass on both my Notes..

    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

    Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    I was originally thinking tempered glass, went with AmFilm. It is very good. It does not impede touch. The camera works fine despite no cut out.
    I am very happy with it. The display still looks great.

    I would add that I just can't imagine using it without a screen protector.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Media devil ones are the best of get.

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    Not a good pic, I am a novice with camera too. . Anyway, I installed the Tempered Glass on the 2014..($17.99 shipped off Ebay) I took off the $10 one that I got off Amazon, which IMO, was doing a good job. However, I have tempered glass on my Note 3, and I like the no bubbles, and hoping that if the worst happens to either one of my Notes, the tempered glass will take the hit. I peeled off the old one, screen was alreadly clean, but I wiped it again. Pulled out the temp glass, and I always get confused on which side is which. So, I touched the edge to make sure which is the sticky side.. To my surprise, my first attempt was spot on as far as being even all around. Rubbed out the few bubbles. and now I have clear tempered glass on both my Notes..

    cehoward

    Please give us your experience with the tempered glass. How difficult is it to mount. How do the feel of the glass compared to the previous screen and how do the tablet behaves with this glass on.

    I have been thinking about upgrading my current Amfilm to the tempered glass and your replies will be helpful. Thanks.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by gems4i View Post
    cehoward

    Please give us your experience with the tempered glass. How difficult is it to mount. How do the feel of the glass compared to the previous screen and how do the tablet behaves with this glass on.

    I have been thinking about upgrading my current Amfilm to the tempered glass and your replies will be helpful. Thanks.
    First off, I am a newbie, this is my first tablet and second time working with Tempered Glass.. ..

    With all that said, the $17.99 Tempered Glass off Ebay went on like a glove.. I am fumbled fingered.. The Amazon one for $10(4 screens)worked well too. A few bubbles with the $10 Amazon screen, but in all fairness it worked dam good. The reason I wanted to go with Tempered Glass was because I have it on my Note 3. like the way it is bubble free, and gives the assurance that it will fall on the sword if anything comes at that screen! Also the price of the Tempered Glass is almost as low and even lower than some non-glass screen protectors. The glass screen went on perfect the first time. Although I don't use the SPen much, I have been using it or the last couple days. The Spen works perfectly, and all my touch works too. Like I said the screen looks good.

    These are the results that I got. Others might get different results, but so far, I am batting 100..
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

    Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Thanks. This will make my purchase easier.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Don't these things sport Gorilla Glass? If that is the case unless you are chunking keys at the screen you do not need to waste you money on screen protectors. Just as an example I have an iPad2, Touchpads, 2 Kindles, and multiple smartphones all without screen protectors and all without issue.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by AMG_Roadster View Post
    Don't these things sport Gorilla Glass? If that is the case unless you are chunking keys at the screen you do not need to waste you money on screen protectors. Just as an example I have an iPad2, Touchpads, 2 Kindles, and multiple smartphones all without screen protectors and all without issue.
    It is called "Peace Of Mind"..

    I agree with you, the stock Gorilla Glass is tough as h*ll. However, a lot of us, and I mean a lot of us, put protectors on because it, gives us "peace of mnd".. Just knowing that makes us feel better.. That's a biggee!!
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

    Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Screen protector

    Quote Originally Posted by AMG_Roadster View Post
    Don't these things sport Gorilla Glass? If that is the case unless you are chunking keys at the screen you do not need to waste you money on screen protectors. Just as an example I have an iPad2, Touchpads, 2 Kindles, and multiple smartphones all without screen protectors and all without issue.
    Most of the newer Samsung tablets do not carry Gorilla Glass. The Note 10.1 2014 edition certainly do not.

    I live in the Caribbean and would feel a lot safer if I had a better first defense. Certainly don't cherish the thought that I may have to send my tab to Texas if a Screen protector may have save me the trouble.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S4: Screen randomly wakes up?
    By Jason Sorbet in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 02:40 PM
  2. WTS: Nexus S 4G - Good Condition - with case, screen protector, headset, box, and booklets
    By jean15paul in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 02:08 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 11:06 PM
  4. black line on screen
    By chirpy basil in forum Other Tablets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 04:34 PM
  5. Adding an app to "complete action using" screen
    By nelhop in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 02:01 PM

Posting Permissions

B