Another SMART person picks the GN 10.1 2014, just got it today..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I call myself smart, because most of the time my picks are different, and being an older gent, people tell me that I am not acting my age!! Well, at 74, I take that as a compliment. The big boyish grin that came on my face as I was unboxing my brand new 32 gb GN 10.1 2014, was worth 20 times the $539 I paid for it today at Bestbuy. After reading this forum on the 2014 for a couple weeks, this was just what I wanted. Also, this forum help me make up my mind on whether to wait for a Pro too. No need for that, The 10.1 is perfect.

I got a lot of info from around here before I chunked down my duckins. I got all the pros, and cons... I have a bluetooth keyboard case on it now, and both of them are charging. I had a brand new Sandisk Ultra 64gb Class 10 micro that I put in, let the Note format it, and that is ready for me to put my movies, pics and music on. From reading, I might have some issues with the bluetooth keyboard. I knew that before I purchased, so I am ready for that. All the updates were downloaded right away..Going to have to learn how to keep my wifee's little mitts off of it.. She has a S4 and a Nexus 7.. She is destructive too.. :D

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Which BT keyboard did you buby? I have the Logitech K810 and have had ZERO issues with it and my GN/2014. Anxious to hear if you can put movies on your SD card. I had to download them in a creative manner to get them on my SD card and then transfer to the desktop to burn to a DVD. Congrats!

Well, I call myself smart, because most of the time my picks are different, and being an older gent, people tell me that I am not acting my age!! Well, at 74, I take that as a compliment. The big boyish grin that came on my face as I was unboxing my brand new 32 gb GN 10.1 2014, was worth 20 times the $539 I paid for it today at Bestbuy. After reading this forum on the 2014 for a couple weeks, this was just what I wanted. Also, this forum help me make up my mind on whether to wait for a Pro too. No need for that, The 10.1 is perfect.

I got a lot of info from around here before I chunked down my duckins. I got all the pros, and cons... I have a bluetooth keyboard case on it now, and both of them are charging. I had a brand new Sandisk Ultra 64gb Class 10 micro that I put in, let the Note format it, and that is ready for me to put my movies, pics and music on. From reading, I might have some issues with the bluetooth keyboard. I knew that before I purchased, so I am ready for that. All the updates were downloaded right away..Going to have to learn how to keep my wifee's little mitts off of it.. She has a S4 and a Nexus 7.. She is destructive too.. :D

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Congrats in a wize purchase. And may I say it's nice to have another Baby Boomer era member here. Not alot of us, But we are proud proof that 60's and 70's somethings can have just as much tech savvy as the young whippersnappers. Also nice to not be the oldest here anymore ;-)

woody nh

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes a smart purchase. The one that I bought in Dec was a Christmas present for my wife and she is very happy with it. I had read a lot of reviews and also spent time on this forum which is a great resource. I paid for the 16Gb version at Best Buy - internet purchase and pick up at store. When I got home I discovered that they gave me a 32 Gb unit. I suppose that I should have taken it back and demanded what I had paid for but it is a very long drive...........

Looks like I may be in possession of 2nd oldest spot here or maybe about tied for that.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Which BT keyboard did you buby? I have the Logitech K810 and have had ZERO issues with it and my GN/2014. Anxious to hear if you can put movies on your SD card. I had to download them in a creative manner to get them on my SD card and then transfer to the desktop to burn to a DVD. Congrats!

It is a bluetooth keyboard and case. It is a Poetic Clone. I got it off Amazon.

Amazon.com: IVSO Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolio Case - DETACHABLE Bluetooth Keyboard Stand Case / Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (Black): Computers & Accessories

On putting movies on my sd card is a snap. I take my dvds that I have purchased and covert them to mp3/mp4s and they go right on the sd card.. I have them on my Note 3 on a sd card too.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm a baby boomer, but just barely :) 54

Congrats in a wize purchase. And may I say it's nice to have another Baby Boomer era member here. Not alot of us, But we are proud proof that 60's and 70's somethings can have just as much tech savvy as the young whippersnappers. Also nice to not be the oldest here anymore ;-)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok. I bought the 16GB version since I could add a 64GB sd card. Well, ya can, but what they don't tell you is what you CAN'T put on the card, including movies. I planned on spending the $75 on movies for the grandkids. 5 movies would have nearly maxed out my tablet. So I was forced to get creative. Then found the 32GB version for $10 less than than I paid for the 16gb. I upgraded.
QUESTION: CAN I CONVERT THE SAMSUNG HUB MOVIES TO MP3/MP4 AND THEN PUT THEM ON DVDs?
And if so, can you tell me which software will do this? Thanks
It is a bluetooth keyboard and case. It is a Poetic Clone. I got it off Amazon.

Amazon.com: IVSO Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolio Case - DETACHABLE Bluetooth Keyboard Stand Case / Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (Black): Computers & Accessories

On putting movies on my sd card is a snap. I take my dvds that I have purchased and covert them to mp3/mp4s and they go right on the sd card.. I have them on my Note 3 on a sd card too.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok. I bought the 16GB version since I could add a 64GB sd card. Well, ya can, but what they don't tell you is what you CAN'T put on the card, including movies. I planned on spending the $75 on movies for the grandkids. 5 movies would have nearly maxed out my tablet. So I was forced to get creative. Then found the 32GB version for $10 less than than I paid for the 16gb. I upgraded.
QUESTION: CAN I CONVERT THE SAMSUNG HUB MOVIES TO MP3/MP4 AND THEN PUT THEM ON DVDs?

Probably not easily, as they are both pretty well hidden ON your device, as well as probably heavily DRM coded. Best 2 ways are still converting from DVDs OR the "other way" we have spoken about ;)

Edit: Hmm its early, only 1 cup of coffee so far, I just RE READ your question, about saving your Hub Movies TO DVD.. Im not sure about that. I might assume no, but I could easily be wrong about that. Id check with Samsung on that one, maybe..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
First to all the baby boomers out there, you all got some sweet treats waiting for you after you pass 65. Life takes on a different level. Trust me, it is there. Just try to stay fit to enjoy it when it comes.

Back to my Note 2014.. Ah, this keyboard case is sweet. I type at over 60wpm, and this keyboard is doing its thing.. It will be baby steps for me in learning all this new tech, and OS, but as of now, I am loving it big time. BTW, only been on the keyboard about 5 or 6 times, but so far no glitches. What do everybody use in place of a mouse?? I don't know how to highlight yet.. Something simple I know.

On the movies. I don't deal with the downloaded movies/music. Instead, I used the purchased movies I already have or go purchased the ones I want. Then put them on my PC , the sd cards on my Note 3 and Note 2014. Ditto for my music too.

I ran through holy h*ll trying to get some music that I had purchased, and ripped to my Zune from CDs.. Lost the CDs, and I couldn't get the music I purchased off the Zune. That was messed up.. So, until I get sharper, all my movies and music that I want, I will purchase the physical DVD and CDs, then I can put them on my Notes with no hassle.

Ha, loving this Note.. Can't wait to take it with me on a fast motorcycle and/or fast bicycle ride.. :D

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Since all of you are mentioning Movies, I would like to ask you a question. I purchased a couple of movies that have digital downloads. After downloading them, I realized they are in WMA format. I downloaded handbrake and converted them to mp4. the problem is when I play the file, it is all jumbled up. Looks like a 60's trip on acid.
Anyone have any suggestions for a novice on how to get these to play on my new Note, that should be here in on Friday!

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

So are you saying that movies won't play from a 64GB card but they will play from a 32GB card?

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
...What do everybody use in place of a mouse?? I don't know how to highlight yet.. Something simple I

Ha, loving this Note.. Can't wait to take it with me on a fast motorcycle and/or fast bicycle ride.. :D

To highlight, long press , very easy.

ahhh you are a biker dude ;-), that 'splains alot about your adventurous spirit :). We (well my husband anyway) rides a 2008 ,Soft tail Anniversary special, after ME , it's the love of his life hehe

Edit: Just been corrected by hubster, he rides a 2008 Anniversary Dyna Lowrider :)

Last edited:

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Now that you have used it a few days how is the speed etc?

Sent from my HTC One

To tell the truth, I am so in awe over the display, I haven't even noticed the speed. It moves fast enough for me right now, and I haven't even started doing some of the omissions that are listed to speed things up.. First off, I am dealing with 3 gbs of RAM, and a quad processor move super fast..With those credentials, it could be slow as molasses, and I would still feel good.. :D

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
To highlight, long press , very easy.

ahhh you are a biker dude ;-), that 'splains alot about your adventurous spirit :). We (well my husband anyway) rides a 2008 ,Soft tail Anniversary special, after ME , it's the love of his life hehe

Highlight press very easy... Okay, will do that..:)

On the bikes, well they really don't go with my age.. :)..Racebike (06 CBR600RR)Street bike/commuter (07 GSX R1000) That is me up front in my avatar.. Think I was 68 years old on that one.. :)

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Highlight press very easy... Okay, will do that..:)

On the bikes, well they really don't go with my age.. :)..Racebike (06 CBR600RR)Street bike/commuter (07 GSX R1000) That is me up front in my avatar.. Think I was 68 years old on that one.. :)

Very cool ;-)! is your name Howard? that's my husband's name . We spent our youth watching motorcycle racing, Kenny Roberts fans

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Baby Baby Boomer here, 57. I'm loving the fact that my fellow boomers are tech geeks. I'm dragging my husband, 59, into the tech world, it hadn't been easy, but he does surprise me at times. I have the Note 3, and have him my Note 2. I'm keeping my eye on that12.2 Pro, I'm ready to ditch the Windows desktop and hoping the 12.2 will be a good replacement.

My husband rides as well. He's getting ready to sell his '05 Harley Softail and is looking at the Triumph Thruxton, he'll be going back to his roots with Triumph. I used to ride but due to health issues I can't any longer, but we love going to the dirt track races. Cehoward, way to go, dude!

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey