Another SMART person picks the GN 10.1 2014, just got it today..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Very cool ;-)! is your name Howard? that's my husband's name . We spent our youth watching motorcycle racing, Kenny Roberts fans
Yup on the Howard.. I met Kenny Roberts back in the 70s, at Pocono Racetrack in PA. During that time I was pushing a 900 Kaw..I have a hard time telling peeps that I "road race" , no "drag race".. difference is night and day.. :)

Going to take some time and RTFM... that stands for "read the f------- manual" :D BTW, my son tried to sway me toward a high end notebook. I told him, that the 2014 does almost everything the high end note book does, and maybe more, along with being super light. They don't understand. Looks like the 2014 will take the place of my notebook, and most likely my main PC at home..

On the LTE model. Do they sell them in stores??

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup on the Howard.. I met Kenny Roberts back in the 70s, at Pocono Racetrack in PA. During that time I was pushing a 900 Kaw..I have a hard time telling peeps that I "road race" , no "drag race".. difference is night and day.. :)

Going to take some time and RTFM... that stands for "read the f------- manual" :D BTW, my son tried to sway me toward a high end notebook. I told him, that the 2014 does almost everything the high end note book does, and maybe more, along with being super light. They don't understand. Looks like the 2014 will take the place of my notebook, and most likely my main PC at home..

On the LTE model. Do they sell them in stores??

Very cool, we may have been at the same race at the same time. We used to ride his Honda 750 . customed bored out to 900. from BRooklyn NY up to Pocono track to see Roberts , and others race. We even had our honeymoon in the Poconos. Moved to FL in 79, started going to Bike Week in Daytona. Are you stil living up north?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Baby Baby Boomer here, 57. I'm loving the fact that my fellow boomers are tech geeks. I'm dragging my husband, 59, into the tech world, it hadn't been easy, but he does surprise me at times. I have the Note 3, and have him my Note 2. I'm keeping my eye on that12.2 Pro, I'm ready to ditch the Windows desktop and hoping the 12.2 will be a good replacement.

My husband rides as well. He's getting ready to sell his '05 Harley Softail and is looking at the Triumph Thruxton, he'll be going back to his roots with Triumph. I used to ride but due to health issues I can't any longer, but we love going to the dirt track races. Cehoward, way to go, dude!

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Thanks much, and safe riding to you both.. :)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Very cool, we may have been at the same race at the same time. We used to ride his Honda 750 . customed bored out to 900. from BRooklyn NY up to Pocono track to see Roberts , and others race. We even had our honeymoon in the Poconos. Moved to FL in 79, started going to Bike Week in Daytona. Are you stil living up north?

Ha, since I am the OP, I am ALLOWED to hijack.. :D

Small world. When I came to the Pocono Racetrack, it was somehwere between 75 and 78...I had pit passes, that's when I met Kenny Roberts on his dreaded TZ750. Also, met some guys doing production racing on the 900 Kaw. They were located in West Milford, NJ.. Took my 900 Kaw to them, they rebuilt it into a 1000cc monster...I had big fun back in 79 when Kaw came out with the 1000, and I was steady knocking them out with my secretlly bored 900.. Yes, the Honda 750 was the great machine that started it all.. BTW, I took a 145 mile hour get off on the 900 Kaw (street racing)back in 79..As luck would have it, just road burns.. Took a 22 year lay off from riding bikes. Came back in 2001 with a 01 GSX R1000, starting hanging with the youngsters on the mountains. Got real good at mountain carving.. Next level was doing trackdays on the racetrack..I was 65 years old when I first set foot on a race track. Gotta stop here, because this will turn into a small book.. :D

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ha, since I am the OP, I am ALLOWED to hijack.. :D

Small world. When I came to the Pocono Racetrack, it was somehwere between 75 and 78...I had pit passes, that's when I met Kenny Roberts on his dreaded TZ750. Also, met some guys doing production racing on the 900 Kaw. They were located in West Milford, NJ.. Took my 900 Kaw to them, they rebuilt it into a 1000cc monster...I had big fun back in 79 when Kaw came out with the 1000, and I was steady knocking them out with my secretlly bored 900.. Yes, the Honda 750 was the great machine that started it all.. BTW, I took a 145 mile hour get off on the 900 Kaw (street racing)back in 79..As luck would have it, just road burns.. Took a 22 year lay off from riding bikes. Came back in 2001 with a 01 GSX R1000, starting hanging with the youngsters on the mountains. Got real good at mountain carving.. Next level was doing trackdays on the racetrack..I was 65 years old when I first set foot on a race track. Gotta stop here, because this will turn into a small book.. :D

Wow small world indeed. My Howard also took a 24 year break from bikes. After our son was born in '86, sold the red beast and for 24 years yearned for a Hog. A few years ago I made a deal with him ;-), we build our master suite addition to the beach house, I get my my walk in jacuzzi bath tub in my dream bathroom, he gets his Harley. The nano second between the deal offer and his YES answer, was faster than the speed of light. :-D, once a biker person, always a biker person hehe.

here is "the baby" in case you are interested

Howie's Harley Davidson 2008 Dyna Low Rider 105th Anniversary Edition

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow small world indeed. My Howard also took a 24 year break from bikes. After our son was born in '86, sold the red beast and for 24 years yearned for a Hog. A few years ago I made a deal with him ;-), we build our master suite addition to the beach house, I get my my walk in jacuzzi bath tub in my dream bathroom, he gets his Harley. The nano second between the deal offer and his YES answer, was faster than the speed of light. :-D, once a biker person, always a biker person hehe.

here is "the baby" in case you are interested

Howie's Harley Davidson 2008 Dyna Low Rider 105th Anniversary Edition

That was super cool!!!:) I could feel the thumping of the big twin right though my computer..!!! :D

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Probably not easily, as they are both pretty well hidden ON your device, as well as probably heavily DRM coded. Best 2 ways are still converting from DVDs OR the "other way" we have spoken about ;)

Edit: Hmm its early, only 1 cup of coffee so far, I just RE READ your question, about saving your Hub Movies TO DVD.. Im not sure about that. I might assume no, but I could easily be wrong about that. Id check with Samsung on that one, maybe..

So are you saying that movies won't play from a 64GB card but they will play from a 32GB card? I was getting to buy a 64gb card but won't if this is the case.

woody nh

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
We moved to the NH Lakes region area in 1998, live about 10 miles from Weirs Beach, HQ for the Laconia Rally. Our 1st ride up to the rally we were in my old Kaw 650 riding 2 up. We were mingled in with a sea of Harleys. From the back my wife declared: "This is not going to do". Who am I to argue?? Could not get a new bike then, a 1 year wait. So I got a 1995 convertible/low rider with only 3K miles on it and like new condition. It still looks and runs like new.

Of course our fantastic new GN 2014 will be obsolete in just how long?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
We moved to the NH Lakes region area in 1998, live about 10 miles from Weirs Beach, HQ for the Laconia Rally. Our 1st ride up to the rally we were in my old Kaw 650 riding 2 up. We were mingled in with a sea of Harleys. From the back my wife declared: "This is not going to do". Who am I to argue?? Could not get a new bike then, a 1 year wait. So I got a 1995 convertible/low rider with only 3K miles on it and like new condition. It still looks and runs like new.

Of course our fantastic new GN 2014 will be obsolete in just how long?

Riding two on a 650 Kaw.. I know that was fun... :D

Seriously, the cruisers are for riding two up.. That Kaw 650 was baby sportbike.. One all my bikes the first thing I take off are the passenger pegs!! My motto was then and still now. If my lady is with me, she be on her on bike.. :D

Although, I am strictly into sportbikes, you cruisers look real cool, and when a lady is pushing a bad cruiser, say something like a Harley Low Rider, oh boy!!! :D

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
So are you saying that movies won't play from a 64GB card but they will play from a 32GB card? I was getting to buy a 64gb card but won't if this is the case.

Naw, that isn't the case, I can assure you of that.. It is either a bad sd card, wrong format, wrong vid type or user error. Get the 64gb Class 10. That gives you a lot of space for movies, pics and music. Most apps, if not all don't go on the sd card, you save your main memory for apps..

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Movies will play from any size card. The issue that was discussed was the ability or inability to copy movies downloaded from the samsung hub or google play to a micro sd card. I believe the answer is sadly no. If you have your own physical DVDs, you can digitize them to mp4's and save all you want to any size micro sd card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol