Galaxy Note 10.1: When will we get KitKat

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: When will we get KitKat

No official date yet, but the update for the Note 3 has already started rolling out and the Pro Line is supposed to come out with KitKat by February, so I expect we should see the update somewhere between March and June. I hope sooner, since the Note Pro 12 is nearly identical to the Note 10.1 2014. And if the Gods are nice to us, we'll see the 4-window MultiTasking update and (not so thrilled about this one, though) the new MagazineUX interface.

VICNLYN

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

No official date yet, but the update for the Note 3 has already started rolling out and the Pro Line is supposed to come out with KitKat by February, so I expect we should see the update somewhere between March and June. I hope sooner, since the Note Pro 12 is nearly identical to the Note 10.1 2014. And if the Gods are nice to us, we'll see the 4-window MultiTasking update and (not so thrilled about this one, though) the new MagazineUX interface.

That 4-window multi tasking update would be awesome to have in my GN 2014 for my studying. While I wait, lets cross our fingers!

Reuben Skelly

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

If u root you can get the four window already :) an app has already been developed and it's awesome

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

So if I install this and PEN Window Manager I'll be able to have 4-window mode AND add any app to MultiTasking? Or the latter needs a different mod? There's so much going on XDA I'm afraid to take a dive there hehehe

EDIT: It seems I also need Multiwindow Apps Manager since we have two different MultiTasking drawers to choose from. This dev is awesome :)

Reuben Skelly

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
He really is. I have them all. Select all the apps you want enable four window. It's amazing. Also on your multi window app tray and just tap on a app instead of dragging it it will come up in a pen window:)

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I am so close to pulling the trigger on this too. Just a tad afraid of warranty void and/or screwing it up
I know, that's why I haven't done it yet haha Also I can't remember if rooting will also devoid the tablet from further updates, and with KitKat in the horizon, I'm really not decided yet... And in my case, Warranty is even harder since I bought this on the US but live in Mexico :p

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I know, that's why I haven't done it yet haha Also I can't remember if rooting will also devoid the tablet from further updates, and with KitKat in the horizon, I'm really not decided yet... And in my case, Warranty is even harder since I bought this on the US but live in Mexico :p

ya the ota updates hmm another problem

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
After root, your tab wil not take the OTA unless you un-root back to stock.
Once you root, there is no need for the ota's anymore. The dev's will post updates to include whatever the OTA's have.
Fear not, once you take that first step, you will never look back. the Dev's at XDA are really a competent bunch of guys

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
After root, your tab wil not take the OTA unless you un-root back to stock.
Once you root, there is no need for the ota's anymore. The dev's will post updates to include whatever the OTA's have.
Fear not, once you take that first step, you will never look back. the Dev's at XDA are really a competent bunch of guys

sooooo tempting ;-)

WinePress

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't even received any updates at all since buying my tablet, I feel something is wrong.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I haven't even received any updates at all since buying my tablet, I feel something is wrong.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

go to
settings/general/about device/software update/update it will check for you

In the same screen where you hit software update look at build number, If it ends in MK1, then you are up to date. MK1 is the latest build

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
John Woo1;343 1405 said:
You should add that is just a rumour and nothing is confimed. Also, there are already firmware releases for NotePro 12.2 and TabPro with M.UX. So if Sammy are going to kill off M.UX, why bother release firmwares for the tabs already with M.UX?

Sammy's new devices will not have it, they will of course support the customers that already have it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown