Galaxy Note 10.1: When will we get KitKat

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Sammy's new devices will not have it, they will of course support the customers that already have it.

err..which new devices? TabPro and NotePro are not new devices? They are releasing NotePro 12.2 now in UK now with new M.UX UI and all TabPro lines will have it too. M.UX is just exklusive for TabPro/NotePro lines and wont comes to all theirs new devices, even GS5 wont have it. If Sammy really gonna kill off M.UX, then they wouldnt release NotePro with M.UX now and should wait to release it.
Also M.UX is Win 8 launcher + Chamelon Launcher together, So Google wont force Sammy to stop M.UX for theirs devices. If they mind, then they would remove all win laucnher and Chamelon from playstore long time ago.

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
ya the ota updates hmm another problem
and also SpookDroid
I rooted my note 10.1 2014 last week, and OTA updates stopped! When I tried the settings-->general-->about device-->check for updates, it told me that the device was modified, so no updates will be available. I was in tension for a couple of days, until someone over at the xda-developers forum offered me an out. I installed xposed framework, added the wanam module, then Wanam Xposed>Security Hacks>Fake system status. Settings>General>About tablet>software Updates>Check for updates. It returned, "the latest updates have already been installed". Yahooooo! I can get OTA updates now.

gems4i

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
and also SpookDroid
I rooted my note 10.1 2014 last week, and OTA updates stopped! When I tried the settings-->general-->about device-->check for updates, it told me that the device was modified, so no updates will be available. I was in tension for a couple of days, until someone over at the xda-developers forum offered me an out. I installed xposed framework, added the wanam module, then Wanam Xposed>Security Hacks>Fake system status. Settings>General>About tablet>software Updates>Check for updates. It returned, "the latest updates have already been installed". Yahooooo! I can get OTA updates now.
Those guys over at XDA are really great.

I have a Chinese phone...Lovessssss China Phones. They are so much more fun than the big names and encourages you to do all the things you hesitate to do with the expensive one. Those guys over at XDA keeps those phones and tablets humming with all kinds of work around and rewrite programs etc. Great place to learn to do stuff you wont normally contemplate.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
With all this I might take the leap and root... Warranty will be hard to get anyway since I bought this in the US but don't actually live there :S

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
With all this I might take the leap and root... Warranty will be hard to get anyway since I bought this in the US but don't actually live there :S

Did you use a credit card to purchase the Note? If so and you have problems just file through their warranty. I had an S2 that crapped out and filed a claim under my credit card. They took care of it with no problem.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I did use a credit card, but the problem is not getting the Warranty honored. The problem is that in order to do that, I have to send the device to an US location since the Warranty is only valid in the US (that's what it says on the Warranty card, anyway). But hopefully I won't need it; so far, thank Jebus, none of the gadgets I've ever bought have needed Warranty replacements, so cross my fingers :p

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That list appears to be just carrier based devices. Wonder if there is a separate list, for wifi only devices?

That was an 'old' list, way before the official Samsung release, which did include the Note 10.1 2014 :) Anyway, WiFi-only devices should see the update before carriers.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got a "system update downloaded" notification on my S4. Probably safe to assume this is KK?
S4 is on Sprint, so I guess roll out has started

WinePress

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
go to
settings/general/about device/software update/update it will check for you

In the same screen where you hit software update look at build number, If it ends in MK1, then you are up to date. MK1 is the latest build

Ok it says I have MJ8

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why everyone's so upset that kit kat hasnt arrived. I guess its just an envy thing without any real knowledge of what kk offers. It really is just very minor fixes with some annoying look and feel changes. Its not thre kind of update that will magically change the note and make it better.

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Kit Kat offers huge improvements in blue tooth. That maybe just an annoyance to you but to others it is a big deal. Kit Kat is optimized for mid range hardware so the tablet should run faster. With the release of Kit Kat Samsung should also have addressed some of the bugs in Touchwiz. Others have mentioned multiuser being important to them.

I do not think wanting the most up to date software has anything to do with jealousy. That would just be silly.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Kit Kat offers huge improvements in blue tooth. That maybe just an annoyance to you but to others it is a big deal. Kit Kat is optimized for mid range hardware so the tablet should run faster. With the release of Kit Kat Samsung should also have addressed some of the bugs in Touchwiz. Others have mentioned multiuser being important to them.

I do not think wanting the most up to date software has anything to do with jealousy. That would just be silly.

Ironically, I had to downgrade from KitKat to CM 10.2 on my original Tab 10.1 because it couldn't play sound over bluetooth connected speakers.

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Multiuser is already available in 4.3

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Kit Kat's nice...but I want the new lighter touch wiz more. Having played with it on a Galaxy Tab pro 10.1 (which IS a Note 2014 without the one and wacom digitizer) I can tell you that a store demo unit with god knows what installed and running...was snappier than my Note 2014 on 4.3.

Posted via Android Central App

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Kit Kat's nice...but I want the new lighter touch wiz more. Having played with it on a Galaxy Tab pro 10.1 (which IS a Note 2014 without the one and wacom digitizer) I can tell you that a store demo unit with god knows what installed and running...was snappier than my Note 2014 on 4.3.

Posted via Android Central App

The relevant comparison would be with the Note Pro 12.2. The TW software on the Tab Pro should be snappier than an equivalent TW on the Note 10.1 because of the SPen recognition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781