Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 10.1: When will we get KitKat

Any news on when we will get 4.4?

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-24-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Default Re: When will we get KitKat

No official date yet, but the update for the Note 3 has already started rolling out and the Pro Line is supposed to come out with KitKat by February, so I expect we should see the update somewhere between March and June. I hope sooner, since the Note Pro 12 is nearly identical to the Note 10.1 2014. And if the Gods are nice to us, we'll see the 4-window MultiTasking update and (not so thrilled about this one, though) the new MagazineUX interface.
    charles777 and Hafiz Shani like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    No official date yet, but the update for the Note 3 has already started rolling out and the Pro Line is supposed to come out with KitKat by February, so I expect we should see the update somewhere between March and June. I hope sooner, since the Note Pro 12 is nearly identical to the Note 10.1 2014. And if the Gods are nice to us, we'll see the 4-window MultiTasking update and (not so thrilled about this one, though) the new MagazineUX interface.
    That 4-window multi tasking update would be awesome to have in my GN 2014 for my studying. While I wait, lets cross our fingers!

If u root you can get the four window already an app has already been developed and it's awesome

Thanked by:
    SpookDroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Skelly View Post
    If u root you can get the four window already an app has already been developed and it's awesome

Serious dude!? Can you send me the steps or whats the app name?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ultiwindowplus. It's called multi window plus. I'd recommend checking out all of the developers stuff

So if I install this and PEN Window Manager I'll be able to have 4-window mode AND add any app to MultiTasking? Or the latter needs a different mod? There's so much going on XDA I'm afraid to take a dive there hehehe

EDIT: It seems I also need Multiwindow Apps Manager since we have two different MultiTasking drawers to choose from. This dev is awesome

Default Re: Galaxy Note 10.1: When will we get KitKat

He really is. I have them all. Select all the apps you want enable four window. It's amazing. Also on your multi window app tray and just tap on a app instead of dragging it it will come up in a pen window

SpookDroid likes this.

Time to root, then... :S

Time to root, then... :S
    I am so close to pulling the trigger on this too. Just a tad afraid of warranty void and/or screwing it up
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I am so close to pulling the trigger on this too. Just a tad afraid of warranty void and/or screwing it up
    I know, that's why I haven't done it yet haha Also I can't remember if rooting will also devoid the tablet from further updates, and with KitKat in the horizon, I'm really not decided yet... And in my case, Warranty is even harder since I bought this on the US but live in Mexico :P

I know, that's why I haven't done it yet haha Also I can't remember if rooting will also devoid the tablet from further updates, and with KitKat in the horizon, I'm really not decided yet... And in my case, Warranty is even harder since I bought this on the US but live in Mexico :P
    ya the ota updates hmm another problem
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nils Business GingerSense

After root, your tab wil not take the OTA unless you un-root back to stock.
    Once you root, there is no need for the ota's anymore. The dev's will post updates to include whatever the OTA's have.
    Fear not, once you take that first step, you will never look back. the Dev's at XDA are really a competent bunch of guys

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch_Itch View Post
    After root, your tab wil not take the OTA unless you un-root back to stock.
    Once you root, there is no need for the ota's anymore. The dev's will post updates to include whatever the OTA's have.
    Fear not, once you take that first step, you will never look back. the Dev's at XDA are really a competent bunch of guys
    sooooo tempting ;-)

Do you think that GN10.1 will get magazine ux?

I haven't even received any updates at all since buying my tablet, I feel something is wrong.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Richter View Post
    Do you think that GN10.1 will get magazine ux?
    Samsung is going to kill off Mag UX, they are also killing off chat on and watch on. Google convinced them with the latest deal.
    Samsung announced that it has signed a global patent cross-license deal with Google

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by WinePress View Post
    I haven't even received any updates at all since buying my tablet, I feel something is wrong.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk
    go to
    settings/general/about device/software update/update it will check for you

In the same screen where you hit software update look at build number, If it ends in MK1, then you are up to date. MK1 is the latest build

Samsung is going to kill off Mag UX, they are also killing off chat on and watch on. Google convinced them with the latest deal.
    Samsung announced that it has signed a global patent cross-license deal with Google
    You should add that is just a rumour and nothing is confimed. Also, there are already firmware releases for NotePro 12.2 and TabPro with M.UX. So if Sammy are going to kill off M.UX, why bother release firmwares for the tabs already with M.UX?

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by John Woo1;343 1405
    You should add that is just a rumour and nothing is confimed. Also, there are already firmware releases for NotePro 12.2 and TabPro with M.UX. So if Sammy are going to kill off M.UX, why bother release firmwares for the tabs already with M.UX?
    Sammy's new devices will not have it, they will of course support the customers that already have it.

Sammy's new devices will not have it, they will of course support the customers that already have it.
    err..which new devices? TabPro and NotePro are not new devices? They are releasing NotePro 12.2 now in UK now with new M.UX UI and all TabPro lines will have it too. M.UX is just exklusive for TabPro/NotePro lines and wont comes to all theirs new devices, even GS5 wont have it. If Sammy really gonna kill off M.UX, then they wouldnt release NotePro with M.UX now and should wait to release it.
    Also M.UX is Win 8 launcher + Chamelon Launcher together, So Google wont force Sammy to stop M.UX for theirs devices. If they mind, then they would remove all win laucnher and Chamelon from playstore long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    ya the ota updates hmm another problem
    and also SpookDroid
    I rooted my note 10.1 2014 last week, and OTA updates stopped! When I tried the settings-->general-->about device-->check for updates, it told me that the device was modified, so no updates will be available. I was in tension for a couple of days, until someone over at the xda-developers forum offered me an out. I installed xposed framework, added the wanam module, then Wanam Xposed>Security Hacks>Fake system status. Settings>General>About tablet>software Updates>Check for updates. It returned, "the latest updates have already been installed". Yahooooo! I can get OTA updates now.

Quote Originally Posted by dzigner View Post
    and also SpookDroid
    I rooted my note 10.1 2014 last week, and OTA updates stopped! When I tried the settings-->general-->about device-->check for updates, it told me that the device was modified, so no updates will be available. I was in tension for a couple of days, until someone over at the xda-developers forum offered me an out. I installed xposed framework, added the wanam module, then Wanam Xposed>Security Hacks>Fake system status. Settings>General>About tablet>software Updates>Check for updates. It returned, "the latest updates have already been installed". Yahooooo! I can get OTA updates now.
    Those guys over at XDA are really great.

I have a Chinese phone...Lovessssss China Phones. They are so much more fun than the big names and encourages you to do all the things you hesitate to do with the expensive one. Those guys over at XDA keeps those phones and tablets humming with all kinds of work around and rewrite programs etc. Great place to learn to do stuff you wont normally contemplate.

With all this I might take the leap and root... Warranty will be hard to get anyway since I bought this in the US but don't actually live there :S

With all this I might take the leap and root... Warranty will be hard to get anyway since I bought this in the US but don't actually live there :S
    Did you use a credit card to purchase the Note? If so and you have problems just file through their warranty. I had an S2 that crapped out and filed a claim under my credit card. They took care of it with no problem.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast