1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Application widget for books/magazines

Hello folks,

First, love my GN 2014!!! Is part of my hand now! So, I have LOTS of pdf book and magazines, I love reading. I'm searching for an application where I can store them, kind of a library, and have easy access to open them, maybe an application with a widget to have on the screen???

Thanks for your suggestions team!!!

Default Re: Application widget for books/magazines

Quote Originally Posted by VICNLYN View Post
    Hello folks,

First, love my GN 2014!!! Is part of my hand now! So, I have LOTS of pdf book and magazines, I love reading. I'm searching for an application where I can store them, kind of a library, and have easy access to open them, maybe an application with a widget to have on the screen???

Thanks for your suggestions team!!!
    Google Play Books gained PDF upload support in early December, though unfortunately it was removed about two weeks later. I would expect it to return at some point. You can use the "Play - My Library" widget (select "Books" when adding the widget to a homescreen) to view the books on your homescreen.

Other than that, I don't have any specific recommendations. I'm sure others will.

Kobo Reader is also a good option (and IMHO, with a MUCH better widget as it gives you A LOT of info on your reading habits and current book progress at a glance), but you lose multiplatform sync like in Google Play Books since you have to sideload the books and PDFs.
    If you're only looking to have PDFs, then QuickOffice is also a good option with a "Recently Open" widget.

You can side load adobe reader.... You can get it direct from Adobe site, be sure its android version, they even have instructions on how to load it.... Adobe has not abandon Android community, just some dust up with GOOGLE Play....

Think its back.....

Or...

Also might look at this app, seems to be pretty generic e-book reader....

If it wont load PDF files, don't shoot me....

Dale

Default Abobe Reader for Android is Back....

It would appear as of JAN 14th, Adobe Reader (PDF file reader) is back on Google Play...

Dale