1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Default In both camps

I went out last weekend to buy a Samsung Tablet to work with both my Samsung TV's and yes I know the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition is over kill for a remote but I'm a true geek. Now I owne everything Apple iPad, iPhone, Apple TV and so on. I got home and start messing with the Note and found my self enjoying it and starting thinking about getting a new phone when my upgrade comes up I'm no stranger to android or Samsung have owned android phones in the past. Since I was thinking of ditching my iPhone for a Galxay note later I decided to take the tablet to work with me to see how it would function since I use my iDevices for work, well it didn't work out to well at home the galaxy connected to the WiFi network no problem but at work while my iPad Air has no problem what so ever the Note kept dropping and reconnecting every second and would not stop I had to turn off the wifi this is one of the reasons I'm not switching because it has to work for me at work. Has anyone else had problems with the WiFi not working?
    Droid X

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: In both camps

Quote Originally Posted by beastcmg View Post
    I went out last weekend to buy a Samsung Tablet to work with both my Samsung TV's and yes I know the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition is over kill for a remote but I'm a true geek. Now I owne everything Apple iPad, iPhone, Apple TV and so on. I got home and start messing with the Note and found my self enjoying it and starting thinking about getting a new phone when my upgrade comes up I'm no stranger to android or Samsung have owned android phones in the past. Since I was thinking of ditching my iPhone for a Galxay note later I decided to take the tablet to work with me to see how it would function since I use my iDevices for work, well it didn't work out to well at home the galaxy connected to the WiFi network no problem but at work while my iPad Air has no problem what so ever the Note kept dropping and reconnecting every second and would not stop I had to turn off the wifi this is one of the reasons I'm not switching because it has to work for me at work. Has anyone else had problems with the WiFi not working?
    How strong is the WiFi signal at work?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: In both camps

Signal strength and "channel" will make determination if WiFi is valid for your use... Suggest you pull down one of the free WiFi utilities and see if its actually the tablet, or crummy WiFi environment at work....

Dale